Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:15:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 108118 times)
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

« on: March 17, 2005, 04:11:43 PM »

Is choosing contempory politicians really a good idea?

Indeed, we have 200 hundred years of History too... oh wait, no we don't. Oh wait. Those who have been are leaders are still here. The only one that contributed and left was JFK and Fritz, and to put them on all the currency, well that's stupid.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 09:03:59 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Greenland was an independent country, what right does Denmark have to fork it over? They'd have to abandon their ties, that's true, but I don't know if they have the right just to sell it.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 09:03:03 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Greenland was an independent country, what right does Denmark have to fork it over? They'd have to abandon their ties, that's true, but I don't know if they have the right just to sell it.

Siege

Well according to the Danish government Greenland is a county of Denmark and is thus part of the Kingdom of Denmark in full. It has representatives in the Danish parliament but has a large amount of autonomy in almost all matters, the only matters it doesn't control are mostly military and foreign affairs although Greenland has not joined the EU in defiance of Denmark and it trade and tourism agreements with several other Nordic countries and is also one of several countries in some Inuit worldwide organizations. So for such a bill to actually work we would probably have to talk to both governments and give both governments some sort of payment for this to work.

That relationship is kind of like Scotland and Britian in a small way.

Yeah in a way. It's basically Puerto Rico with voting Congressional Representation.

Right then, if we are going to annex Greenland, than let's do it right, and edit that legislation.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 03:44:53 PM »

I really don't see anything wrong in the unification of Canada and Atlasia, I'd like to actually be registered where I live for once.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 04:50:09 PM »

Dominion was its name, then we scrapped some colonial yolk. Yay!

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 04:26:00 PM »

NO!

Well, that sucks. Looks like I'll be registered in Vermont for a while yet.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 04:43:37 PM »

We can always declare war on Canada and win. Smiley

No, cause then it would be stuck as Occupied Territory, cause the Senate can't admit them. I've considered my options, Wink

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 06:32:33 PM »

I was wondering why we swear to a flag, couldn't we swear directly to the Republic... or a personal vow to me? Wink

Siege
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies