TPTTAA - RPP Interview/Questions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:12:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  TPTTAA - RPP Interview/Questions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TPTTAA - RPP Interview/Questions  (Read 2256 times)
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« on: November 22, 2011, 08:14:25 AM »

The Populares and the RPP would call together special party conventions, and both would pass resolutions that would allow for a merger.

They could do this, or the Pop could join the RPP (or vice versa) in large individual groups (although that seems to be happening with members of the Pop joining the JCP).  My hope is that the Pop stay independent and libertarian and a force in Atlasia.

When I joined here, there was a vibrant discussion going on.  I actually was first told about this and I guess semi-recruited by a member of the Pop.  When I got here I considered all the parties.  I agreed with the JCP on many social issues, the RPP on economic/fiscal, the Pop on my philosophical issues, but I found what I believe to be the best fit in the moderate position of the DA. 

Since then the DA folded, and I again looked at all the parties, eventually resting with the Duke wing of the RPP (by the way I really love Yank's comment about a Rino preserve, which I assume I would be one).  Now, we have two main parties that are really, REALLY big tent parties.  I don't like it, as we are seeing elections that are becoming less about political discussion and more about turnout (much like RL). 

For that reason, I hope the Pop (or another libertarian party) becomes strong as a right alternative, that a left alternative develops, and that eventually a strong moderate forces its way into the spectrum.  So many alternatives would (hopefully) return this to an issue related election game.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies