Was Ford Jr. overrated? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 03:32:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Was Ford Jr. overrated? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Was Ford Jr. overrated?  (Read 1429 times)
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 09, 2006, 11:02:55 AM »
« edited: December 09, 2006, 07:06:51 PM by Kevin »

I don't think it was because Ford was black, It was because he started to run a bad campagin and make alot of gaffes in the home strech leading up to election day. Also Ford did pretty well for a Democrat in the rural parts of TN and if I'm not mistaken didn't he win the hometown of the KKK?   
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 02:30:38 PM »
« Edited: December 10, 2006, 12:51:45 PM by Kevin »

I don't think it was because Ford was black, It was because he started to tun a bad campagin and make alot of gaffes in the home strech leading up to election day. Also Ford did pretty well for a Democrat in the rural parts of TN and if I'm not mistaken didn't he win the hometown of the KKK?   

I very much agree with you. I completely agree that his race did not hurt him, not one bit. Tennessee wouldn't do something like that! He lost because towards the end he was getting to confident, crashed Corker's Press Conference, and some voters may have gotten scared of a Democratic-Senate.

Anyway, I wonder how they feel now.. Dems still control the Senate without him.  And Ford did much better then the latest polls said.

But no one really controls the US Senate. Most US Senators have to be somewhat moderate as they have to represent urban, rural and suburban areas of states, the filibuster, and minority members have more power. Id say the US Senate still has a Slight Conservative Lean of the 110th Congress.

We need to change the rules of the House to make it more bipartisian.

Him crashing Corker's press conference kind of did to him like what Allen macaca remark did to Allen exept on a smaller scale. Also Ford's family issues hurt him too.     
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 12:52:56 PM »

I was pretty sure this was the worst kept secret in politics. He didnt have charisma, it seemed more like a kid that had too much candy. Even after the elections hes been through, he still made rookie mistakes on the campaign trail, and he allowed his base to get wrapped up in that racism thing. Someone couldve won that seat, but quite obviously not Harold Ford, Jr.

I thought Ford was chrismatic.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 08:51:38 PM »

He did a good joob overall, but I'd still say he was just a bit overrated. Still, I think it's really impressive that a black democrat could get 48% of the vote statewide in any southern state.

Ford has a future, I have a feeling he maybe running for Governor of TN in 2010. If he did this the odds would most likely be in his favor since Bresden has been highly successful and Ford would be in a predictiment to position himself as the one who would carry on the good job that Bresden did.   
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies