Is the North ever going to have comeback demographically ? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:11:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Is the North ever going to have comeback demographically ? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is the North ever going to have comeback demographically ?  (Read 3325 times)
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« on: September 07, 2014, 11:20:57 PM »

They've had pictures on the news showing Lake Mead at dozens of feet below its normal depth. Also, millions of acres of farmland in California are getting little to no water this year. Padfoot and Mr. Morden are right, the wettest areas of the Country will become desirable again, even though many of them have long winters. I don't know how this will affect the Pacific Northwest, but I hope Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Maine get lots of new residents.

Pennsylvania hasn't grown at a rate faster than the national average since the 1900-1910 Decade

Maine has only done so once since the 1820's.

Is St. Louis ever going to return to the glory days of the 1904 World's Fair?

Its disgraceful that Mesa has more people than Saint Louis. That Aurora, CO has more than Buffalo. Meet Me In St. Louis makes me nostalgic in more than one way.

Although part of this is because the Eastern Cities couldn't annex neighboring suburbs. If Hartford was able to merge with the wealthy suburb of West Hartford, or New Haven with West, East and North Havens, those cities would nearly double their populations and have better economies and tax bases. Of course then there would be even more white flight but at some point the commutes for most people would become unacceptable
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies