Hillary Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 06:36:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton  (Read 1394 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2016, 12:18:01 PM »

C'mon, men, they could put Hillary in handcuffs and march her down Pennsylvania Avenue and she'd still have a strong base supporting her.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2016, 12:37:39 PM »

Why is the Red* arrow in her campaign logo pointing to the right?

* footnote: don't forget to most people (except on this site), "Red" = Republican.

If she wants to be seen as a true Democrat shouldn't she have an all Blue logo with
an arrow pointing left?
Mallow
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2016, 02:05:45 PM »

Why is the Red* arrow in her campaign logo pointing to the right?

* footnote: don't forget to most people (except on this site), "Red" = Republican.

If she wants to be seen as a true Democrat shouldn't she have an all Blue logo with
an arrow pointing left?

By standard convention, "right" means "forward". Not sure what's so hard to get about that.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2016, 02:23:35 PM »

This logic has always confused me. "She was accused of something, which must mean she's not to be trusted!" Is this Salem, MA?

For the sexist and biased media, Hillary Clinton is guilty until proven innocent.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2016, 09:30:33 PM »

C'mon, men, they could put Hillary in handcuffs and march her down Pennsylvania Avenue and she'd still have a strong base supporting her.

Yes. Sad, but so very true. And the base in question would continue to insist that there was nothing wrong...
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2016, 09:42:03 PM »

Why do people hate her, in a nutshell: Ambitious men are leaders, ambitious women are bitches.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2016, 09:48:16 PM »

Why do people hate her, in a nutshell: Ambitious men are leaders, ambitious women are bitches.

LOL, no not cause she is a women. It's because she is obviously a corrupt politician who will speak out for TPP 45 times before the primary then all of a sudden shes against it.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2016, 09:59:18 PM »

LOL, no not cause she is a women. It's because she is obviously a corrupt politician who will speak out for TPP 45 times before the primary then all of a sudden shes against it.

I reserve hate for people who have personally hurt me. The only person I can think of who can justify hating Hillary Clinton is Monica Lewinsky. Otherwise, what warrants the nastiness against her?
Raise your hand if you hate pro-TPP politician who took money from Wall Street Barack Obama, or if you hate basically all of the Republicans based on their corporatism. Is it really her policies that warrant negative feelings, or her personality? Only about Hillary Clinton will voters who dislike her mutter "bitch" in reference to her in political discussions.

Also I tried this thought exercise earlier today: Imagine a female Bernie Sanders. No make-up, messy hair, ruffled over-sized clothes, loud angry voice, wild gesticulation, grumpy demeanor. Absolutely a lost cause if she ran for President, could barely win School Board Rep. Female politicians, business people and leaders in this culture are given the choice of making themselves good looking and docile or getting thrown to the side, while men who don't hold back any of their nastiness and grumpiness are hailed as "authentic" and "honest."

Does Hillary Clinton deserve to be criticized for her record on Wall Street, campaign finance and trustworthiness? Definitely. Does she deserve "bitch," "c**nt," "slut," "whore," "witch?" Have you ever seen top search bubbles for Hillary Clinton? See any nasty words in there that may have to be bleeped out? You betcha!
Zache

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2016, 10:07:59 PM »

Opinions like the OP's are the pretty foreign to me. I don't trust Clinton but it's very rare I trust any politician so that's nothing special. Some of her actions, like the private email server, make me seriously question her personal judgement but every action she'll take as president will be so focus tested that I doubt she deviates from whatever the generic moderate liberal position is of the day.

The level of antipathy just seems disproportionate. Like I missed something.

"I dread the future if she becomes President.", don't you think that's a bit too melodramatic? She's just another boring politician not Sauron.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2016, 11:19:31 PM »

You hacks have no decency.

I hate her because she is an establishment, neocon who will continue to ruin American security by following the status quo of supporting Saudi Arabia, the Gulf states, and Israel. Thank god Obama beat her or god forbid our soldiers would be wasting away in Syria right now.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2016, 11:32:44 PM »

You hacks have no decency.

I hate her because she is an establishment, neocon who will continue to ruin American security by following the status quo of supporting Saudi Arabia, the Gulf states, and Israel. Thank god Obama beat her or god forbid our soldiers would be wasting away in Syria right now.

One of my key reasons - I consider a mass murderer - And I hate George Bush for the same or any of the GOP candidates with an affinity for needless wars - I can forget Iraq as a 1 time vote but not the massacre in Libya she spearheaded.

She is also a fraud & phony & neocon. I don't know why people play this gender card, it's pathetic. I don't like Bush or Trump or Mitch, etc. Not a fan of Chuck Schumer's brand of politics too.

Look it's about the issues - I was a fan of Bill Clinton's oratory skills!
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2016, 05:59:39 AM »

I reserve hate for people who have personally hurt me. The only person I can think of who can justify hating Hillary Clinton is Monica Lewinsky. Otherwise, what warrants the nastiness against her?
Raise your hand if you hate pro-TPP politician who took money from Wall Street Barack Obama, or if you hate basically all of the Republicans based on their corporatism. Is it really her policies that warrant negative feelings, or her personality? Only about Hillary Clinton will voters who dislike her mutter "bitch" in reference to her in political discussions.

Also I tried this thought exercise earlier today: Imagine a female Bernie Sanders. No make-up, messy hair, ruffled over-sized clothes, loud angry voice, wild gesticulation, grumpy demeanor. Absolutely a lost cause if she ran for President, could barely win School Board Rep. Female politicians, business people and leaders in this culture are given the choice of making themselves good looking and docile or getting thrown to the side, while men who don't hold back any of their nastiness and grumpiness are hailed as "authentic" and "honest."

Does Hillary Clinton deserve to be criticized for her record on Wall Street, campaign finance and trustworthiness? Definitely. Does she deserve "bitch," "c**nt," "slut," "whore," "witch?" Have you ever seen top search bubbles for Hillary Clinton? See any nasty words in there that may have to be bleeped out? You betcha!

Some people use such terms freely, others don't. Using the terms you mention when speaking of Mrs. Clinton is wrong. Same thing for calling Trump an "idiot", "racist", "a-hole", etc. Same type of people, different political bent. I find nothing wrong with attacking a person's positions, experience, temperament, activities, etc. but calling someone names? I thought such things were to be found on the elementary school playground, not in discussions about who should be President of these United States. Disappointing, to say the least...
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies