Motion of No Confidence in the Right Hon. Inks (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 07:34:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Motion of No Confidence in the Right Hon. Inks (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
I have confidence in Inks

I do not have confidence in Inks

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 99

Author Topic: Motion of No Confidence in the Right Hon. Inks  (Read 11905 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: September 18, 2012, 03:48:49 PM »

He's perfectly suited to the Atlas system and his role in it.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 10:09:06 AM »

If you want to fix things, you don't need to remove a competent moderator- just get rid of this broken system.   

And pray tell how could we do that?  As far as I can tell we have no power to do anything, and in fact even our complaints about it are only tolerated by authority's whim.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 11:32:47 AM »

And pray tell how could we do that?  As far as I can tell we have no power to do anything, and in fact even our complaints about it are only tolerated by authority's whim.

more to the point, kicking Inks to the curb would have serious symbolic potency and thus be a stepping stone towards the goal of (replacing) "this broken system"

Yes, I'm all for it, though I certainly - due to the opacity of the system - have no idea whether he is 'particularly bad'.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 10:34:30 AM »

Speaking as a mod who rarely infracts (NYJew's recent tirades being an exception), I support Inks.

Why? 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 07:23:29 AM »
« Edited: September 21, 2012, 07:34:54 AM by opebo »

I'd like to thank Badger for his response to my query, and offer, with respect, an alternative view:

He goofed, it was minor, it was corrected, he apologized. End of story.

Or at least it should've been.

No, no you misunderstand the Arab Spring.  We aren't just upset because Inks immolated our apple cart.  Why don't you fellows honestly trace the source of the anger against Inks?  It is obviously the tip of the iceberg.

The weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth really has little to nothing to do with overall mod policies, and much more with settling personal scores or trying to establish "a win" in internet land.

Not at all!  We all enjoy discourse and debate - with equals.  What is being engaged in here is a popular protest against authority.  We cannot 'win' against you all.  This is a generalized emotional reaction to a regime, nothing similar to a personal dispute about it at all.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 04:43:15 PM »

Yes, yes, yes, I get it. You all so desperately want to be Neda fighting the great fasict overlords over the terribly terribly overreaching mod regime, etc, etc.

Not really.  It is just my dream to go back to 2006 or 7 when I could call people 'simpletons' and nothing happened.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 03:18:46 PM »

Inks locked the Institute but, after receiving a feedback, he unlocked it. He was under no obligations to follow the popular opinion, but he did.

So, I don't really get this whole "Inks is an authoritarian mod" thing.

Because he locked it in the first place, Kalwedjt.  And of course the observation is further confirmed since then by his banning Keystone Phil for daring to question his action.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 03:24:39 PM »

Yes, in support of Inks - for criticizing Inks.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 03:35:53 PM »

opebo, if criticizing moderators were a bannable offense, you'd be banned a long time ago.

I never criticize them, I fully accept the new reality.  To say 'they did x' is just gossip, it isn't criticism.   I'm like one of the proles in 1984 - I moan, but I don't criticize.  What would be the point?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies