The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:26:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 86
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 210681 times)
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1625 on: January 23, 2014, 07:14:26 PM »

He has enough baggage already that I think he can and deserves to be convicted. The same prosecutor from the Blagojevich scandal is in charge of this one, so that won't go well for Christie either.

Well if the prosecutor could put an innocent man like Blagojevich in jail, then he'll have no trouble with Christie.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1626 on: January 23, 2014, 09:44:51 PM »

Context:

Yes but that's really all it ever was.

Say, is there a way to just auto quote all of Rockefeller's posts here?
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #1627 on: January 24, 2014, 02:54:48 PM »

Well, no surprise it happens when the police is obviously favoring the neo-fascists.

Siding with anarchist thugs destroying property and violating the law.
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #1628 on: January 24, 2014, 03:26:16 PM »

We all know Obama wants to destroy his political enemies and this guy is in the top 10. Needless to say I side with him. Hope he shames the administration during the trial and is exonerated in the process.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1629 on: January 24, 2014, 03:28:23 PM »

We all know Obama wants to destroy his political enemies and this guy is in the top 10. Needless to say I side with him. Hope he shames the administration during the trial and is exonerated in the process.

Unsurprising, to say the least.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1630 on: January 25, 2014, 12:21:19 AM »

Indiana would go Paul/Carson thank you very much as he's the rightful nominee.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1631 on: January 25, 2014, 12:58:24 AM »

Well, no surprise it happens when the police is obviously favoring the neo-fascists.

Huh?

The police is putting a perimeter to protect them, even from journalists!

Well, in many respects the journalists are worse than the protestors when it comes to an event like this.

But neither the protesters or the journalists are the worst. Those racist, nationalists and fascists in the middle, protected by an allied police force are the worse.
But they didn't hijack the Hofburg; they've paid their fees to use the palace as a venue for a ball. They're not the ones trying to break the law in cold blood. You're deluded and your argument is a farce.

Their presence is causing riots, therefore the ball is a threat to the public safety.

Are you trying to be the krazen of the left?

No, but the fact it's Austria and than the mainstream political party aren't willing to do against it is very worrying. Must we wait than they seize power and do another genocide before doing something about them?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1632 on: January 25, 2014, 01:03:14 AM »

Is 'subhuman' a racial slur now?

If you even disagree with a black person, then you're apparently racist in the Obama Age. *rolls eyes*
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #1633 on: January 25, 2014, 10:36:31 PM »

No, an election where everyone would lose is where the Democratic nominee is Brian Schweitzer. He's only a DINO.

As long as we get a real liberal like Hillary Clinton, Biden, O'Malley, Hickenlooper, Sherrod Brown, one of the Vermontans etc., it will be an active, vigorous campaign. As for Republicans, with Christie in hot oil now and pretty much doomed, if they could get Huntsman, a Hillary vs. Huntsman match-up would be highly competitive and worth getting into. Otherwise, Hillary would crush just about anyone else Republicans would attempt to throw at her.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1634 on: January 25, 2014, 11:35:41 PM »

What kind of person denies food to the poor and needy?

It's not really a denial. It's not as if the people who want to get rid of the food stamp program are deliberately denying the poor access to food. If those who would otherwise receive food stamps were able to pay for said food, then they would be allowed to buy said food. So, though they cannot afford to buy food, they are not, legally or forcefully, being prevented from having access to or eating food.

Anyway, though I would have opposed the introduction of such a program (I would prefer to see some sort of updated workhouse for the long-term unemployed), I can't see the point of cutting it in one fell swoop. Better simply to gradually reduce the size and scope of the program. In addition, I would have it stipulate that only a 'survival diet' could be purchased through food stamps. Bread, water, a little cheap meat and a few greens.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #1635 on: January 26, 2014, 03:03:29 AM »

I've been thinking this recently. Hillary Clinton running against some random Republican Senator/Governor/whatever is a situation where everyone loses, regardless of the outcome.
No, an election where everyone would lose is where the Democratic nominee is Brian Schweitzer. He's only a DINO.

As long as we get a real liberal like Hillary Clinton, Biden, O'Malley, Hickenlooper, Sherrod Brown, one of the Vermontans etc., it will be an active, vigorous campaign. As for Republicans, with Christie in hot oil now and pretty much doomed, if they could get Huntsman, a Hillary vs. Huntsman match-up would be highly competitive and worth getting into. Otherwise, Hillary would crush just about anyone else Republicans would attempt to throw at her.
In what world is Clinton a REAL Liberal and Schweitzer a DINO?
Clinton never gave up on her own party (see MT Sen: 2014), and last time I checked, Clinton isn't an NRA darling like Schweitzer. He doesn't represent the true values of the establishment, true leftist base of the Democratic Party and would really be better off as an independent given how, like Sanders, he's attempting to move farther left to the Democrats ideologically on some social and economic issues. Although that drastically failed as someone whose proven to be more about the needs his own, flawed state before that of the country while Hillary cares more about us at a national level (as Senator) than just caving into the demands of her husband's red state for example. Schweitzer could learn something from that. By running for President, you need to think of everyone in the party nationwide, not just pleasing your own state (especially one that prefers Cruz over him).
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1636 on: January 26, 2014, 01:57:33 PM »

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1637 on: January 26, 2014, 07:26:56 PM »

Oh lord, he wants to ban even more people now! Roll Eyes

He should start with himself.  Gully's admiration for Sartre's work is especially interesting, since Sartre and his life partner very likely abused young (and probably underaged) girls.  She was rumored to go after the younggins for her own use and pimp them off to Sartre when she was done with them. 

I thought what a person did in their private life was the only thing to be considered, yet we'll overlook this old chap's indiscretions because he was a brilliant writer.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1638 on: January 27, 2014, 11:54:03 AM »

Here comes a double whammy:

Seriously though, this. Definite HP, though I admit that otherwise, his policies weren't too bad. It's just that the drug laws outweigh everything else.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1639 on: January 27, 2014, 12:12:20 PM »

I think you're lost. This is "The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts", not "Stuff I Disagree With".
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1640 on: January 27, 2014, 12:34:36 PM »

I think you're lost. This is "The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts", not "Stuff I Disagree With".

No, that's precisely what most of the contributions to this thread amount to.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1641 on: January 27, 2014, 01:36:12 PM »

Colorado is becoming a laughing stock. We were discussing it at work last night after discussing the Denver Broncos. A girl about my age said, "All Colorado is starting to be known for is weed and shootings." I can't imagine why it's become such a reliable Democratic state. :eyeroll:
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1642 on: January 27, 2014, 02:02:04 PM »

The only racism is on the part of those who think his drug laws were "racist."  He was a big supporter of civil rights, after all.

The densest object in the known universe.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1643 on: January 27, 2014, 02:03:47 PM »

Colorado is becoming a laughing stock. We were discussing it at work last night after discussing the Denver Broncos. A girl about my age said, "All Colorado is starting to be known for is weed and shootings." I can't imagine why it's become such a reliable Democratic state. :eyeroll:
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1644 on: January 27, 2014, 03:14:10 PM »

It's not.  It's still a swing state, although it's been trending Dem as of late.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1645 on: January 27, 2014, 03:19:03 PM »

... that's not the main reason that post is in this thread, guy.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #1646 on: January 27, 2014, 03:22:58 PM »

It's not.  It's still a swing state, although it's been trending Dem as of late.
I would actually consider Colorado a Republican-leaning swing state, especially if Hillary Clinton is in fact the Democratic nominee in 2016. Even Ted Cruz would have a chance to carry Colorado against Hillary Clinton because she isn't popular in the state.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1647 on: January 27, 2014, 04:49:07 PM »

I mean there's absolutely no debating it applies to 90% of the contributions here, but Oldies is by far the worst offender. Out of all the posts he's deluged, I've found only one that was an objectively bad opinion (and that was some NIXON WAS MORE LIBERAL THAN OBAMA post). The rest have been your average true leftist opinion that can be debated, and some have been sarcastic posts.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1648 on: January 27, 2014, 05:01:36 PM »

I mean there's absolutely no debating it applies to 90% of the contributions here, but Oldies is by far the worst offender. Out of all the posts he's deluged, I've found only one that was an objectively bad opinion (and that was some NIXON WAS MORE LIBERAL THAN OBAMA post). The rest have been your average true leftist opinion that can be debated, and some have been sarcastic posts.

More like 75-80%, but that's also clearly worse than when I joined a couple of years ago, when it was about 40%. The Deluge is beyond repair now.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1649 on: January 27, 2014, 11:44:37 PM »

The problem with Oldiesfreak is he also posts really bland posts he happens to agree with in the GPG.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies