MN-06 Dem Challenger El Tinklenburg gets $40,000 in donations in 4 hours. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 06:11:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MN-06 Dem Challenger El Tinklenburg gets $40,000 in donations in 4 hours. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MN-06 Dem Challenger El Tinklenburg gets $40,000 in donations in 4 hours.  (Read 12706 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: October 18, 2008, 01:19:11 AM »

It's too bad 45% of this district would vote for for the actual Joe McCarthy or Saddam Hussein (R) over any Democrat since being a Democrat is worse than being than Saddam Hussein (basically like 70% of my city in reverse)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 08:55:31 PM »

I can't believe this woman got elected in a state like Minnesota. Do her constituents know she's this nutty? I can't believe they do.

Read what I said on the first page.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 09:10:08 PM »

I can't believe this woman got elected in a state like Minnesota. Do her constituents know she's this nutty? I can't believe they do.

I did, but in reality it's only an R+5 district.
Doesn't change the fact that a lot of that Rep vote (more than on the other side of the Twin Cities suburbia, apparently) is what you'd call hard support.

That's because there isn't St. Cloud on the other side. It's not really conservative (at least not the city itself), but it along with I-94 has led to a lot more exurbia dotting the countryside. On the south side once you're out of Lakeville, Prior Lake or Chanhassan you're basically out of the metro, and no more tons of uber-GOP relatively highly populated areas.

You don't understand... it's an R+5 district.

It's funny how the most rural, traditionally German Catholic conservative areas are actually the more liberal areas of the district.  The super Republican areas are in the exurbs. 

I think it says a lot that my home town, 160 miles closer to the middle of nowhere is a lot more liberal than the 6th district.

It also helps that it has a large Native American population, is way poorer than the district, and has a university (yes St. Cloud does too but that's not really the area you're referring to.)

You don't understand... it's an R+5 district.

It's funny how the most rural, traditionally German Catholic conservative areas are actually the more liberal areas of the district.  The super Republican areas are in the exurbs. 

I think it says a lot that my home town, 160 miles closer to the middle of nowhere is a lot more liberal than the 6th district.

But again, it comes down to the Scandinavian Lutherans versus the southern German Catholics (even the Germans here are largely protestant and from northern Germany).
I was going to ask "you call Mankato your hometown now, Dakota boy? Huh " Then I noticed it's not BRTD posting. Cheesy

Mankato also isn't anywhere near 160 miles "in the middle of nowhere".
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 01:06:31 PM »

Mankato's 80 miles from Minneapolis, and about 60 miles from the edge of the metro, though there's also an area in it where once you leave the city you're in the 2nd district which is the main district of the south metro.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 12:00:34 AM »

Man, we could possibly end up with a 7-1 Dem delegation after this year. Remember how we were "trending Republican"?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies