Opinion of these online comments about West Virginia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 04:39:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of these online comments about West Virginia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion:
Freedom Comments

Horrible Comments

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Opinion of these online comments about West Virginia  (Read 4398 times)
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« on: July 03, 2016, 09:38:11 AM »

White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 09:22:20 PM »

There's a lot of racism in West Virginia. I don't know why that was ever a controversial statement.

That doesn't mean that classism is OK, though.

Thank you!
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 09:29:15 PM »

There's a lot of racism in West Virginia. I don't know why that was ever a controversial statement.

That doesn't mean that classism is OK, though.

Thank you!

How is criticizing racist West Virginians classist? Not every West Virginian is a working class white coal miner, lol.

A good chunk of your comments about West Virginia come off as very thinly veiled classism. Seems like a very poor attempt at dog whistle politics. Take notes from guys who talk about "State's rights" and "Welfare queens".
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 09:56:15 PM »

As for why I dislike it, the Eastern part of the state is like West Virginia's deformed cousin. Horrible Dixiecrats who always vote straight ticket Republican like Santander and Kim Davis (thankfully both Republicans now), racist coal miners who blame the black guy for all their misfortunes despite the fact that the industry has clearly been declining for decades, poor whites who want to take government assistance away from "welfare queens" (aka blacks) in the inner cities while still keeping their food stamps and disability benefits, because unlike Shaniqua in inner city Chicago, "they earned it." Etc. etc.

It's not quite as bad as West Virginia since it does have some decent areas (like Louisville and Lexington), but overall it is just terrible.

Pretty good strawman you got to get angry at. Wailing about how those damn coal miners trying to make a living just don't get that their industry is declining. And all those racist white on welfare who don't understand the irony of their situation. It's just condescending man. It comes off as holier-than-thou and pretentious. You latch onto these stereotypes like they are the truth and propagate it.

Just take comfort in the fact that old West Virginia (outside of the East Panhandle and Morgantown) continues to lose population and have been losing population for about 70 years now.

Indeed. It is a wonderful trend. Smiley

Probably a joke. But celebrating the decline of an entire region? A place with families and with culture? Had you been celebrating the decline of black neighborhoods in coastal South Carolina, you'd be put on a pike.

Listen, I think you're a very good poster. You seem committed to your ideas and values, which is a trait few people lack. In fact, I was pretty damn unsure of myself after voting for Clinton in the primary, but your confidence (and the confidence of others) in her made me more confident. I think our beliefs are actually pretty close. But the thing is is that you are alienating a good chunk of people with these kinds of comments. And I probably shouldn't be getting too into this, but I'm emotionally invested. I'm not the type who will be offended easily, but I'm starting to. I come from a background and an environment very similar to West Virginia, and I grew up very insecure about my culture and economic standing.

It really doesn't make a difference to me anymore, but I just want you to understand that some of these comments aren't the political rhetoric and healthy discourse that so many people hide behind. Its blatant sh**tposting. And the joke is getting really close to not being funny anymore.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 10:38:12 PM »

I think that's fair enough. I probably got too far into it, since as a racist Southern hick I felt the need to defend my fellow racist Southern hicks. My post likely came off angrier than it was intended to sound, but I just wanted to get the point across without sounding limp-wristed or weak willed.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 10:45:07 PM »

I think that's fair enough. I probably got too far into it, since as a racist Southern hick I felt the need to defend my fellow racist Southern hicks. My post likely came off angrier than it was intended to sound, but I just wanted to get the point across without sounding limp-wristed or weak willed.

Hey, no need to put yourself down like that. #NotAllSoutherners Tongue

#AGoodChunkOfEm
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 10:49:44 PM »

BRTD, I'm not the one who is obessed with NH, it's the media pundits and Atlas posters who are. Every election cycle we have to hear stuff like "OMG WATCH OUT FOR NEW HAMPSHIRE!", "OMG WHY IS NEW HAMPSHIRE SO INDEPENDENT AND ELASTIC!", "IF JEANNE SHAHEEN WINS, DEMOCRATS WILL HOLD THE SENATE!11!", "NH IS THE ONLY ULTIMATE BELLWETHER!!1!", blah blah.
Just because there are many registered "Independents" in NH, that doesn't mean that they are really Independent - in fact, most of them are just closeted partisans. We all know how those cretins vote when it's a White woman that is running against a man, for example. I'd be fine with the state if they just admitted to being a solid blue sexist racist state, but it gets on my nerves when they act as some enlightened Independent ultra-turbo-mega-elastic heaven that is setting the tone for the primaries and the direction of the country. The only good thing NH has done is shattering the myth of White supremacy once and for all.

I do not want people like Ann Kuster, Bob Smith, Jeanne Shaheen or Maggie Hassan to decide control of Congress or even the presidency (like in 2000). It disgusts me!

I'm gonna die.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies