LA-2 results (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 01:15:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  LA-2 results (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LA-2 results  (Read 13641 times)
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« on: December 06, 2008, 11:53:09 PM »

Sorry, I missed that this thread had started.

LA SOS just posted the full precinct count in LA 2:

Cao 50% (33,122)
Jefferson 47% (31,296)

muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 08:26:34 PM »

Just thought this was interesting. 

Results for Tulane's precinct, 14 13-A: Cao 168, Jefferson 12, Rhim 11, Kahn 5.

In last months primary it was: Moreno 504, Jefferson 198

In October it was: Cedric Richmond 38, Moreno 29, James Carter 23, Troy Carter 6, Kenya Smith 5, Jefferson 2, Byron Lee, 1

Obviously, there is little love lost between us and Bill Jefferson.

And the Presidential results: Obama 931, McCain 279, Ron Paul 15, and Nader (who visited campus as part of his campaign) 9.

I'm convinced most of Jefferson's voters here in November were just people who showed up to vote for Obama but didn't know anything about the Congressional race so they just ticked the box for the incumbent.

Btw, did you see the snow this morning? Grin

Probably.  It's possible we have one or two students who actually like Jefferson or really disliked Moreno, but probably most voted for the incumbent.

The snow was awesome.  New Orleans was about the last place I expected to see it!  First time since I've seen snow since I was 8, when I was in Denver. 

Wow. That is so alien and bizarre to me.

It was pretty funny: when it started snowing pretty much everyone running outside was from theSouth or West Coast.  The Northeasterners and Midwesterners didn't really care much, if at all.  "That excites you?  Losers."

Back on topic: weird to see the GOP leaders kissing the boots of this one-term wonder.  I don't remember Democrats in 2006 being like this to Lampson (though to be fair, DeLay was going to be gone anyway).  Wonder how much they'll like him when he turns out not to tow party-line (unless he really doesn't care about reelection)

A good set of caucus leaders will know when a party-line stand really matters and will leave a member to vote their district's interests in other cases. Those leaders would understand that without members in marginal districts, it's unlikely that they will sit in the majority.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies