Labour Party (UK) Leadership Election, 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:49:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Labour Party (UK) Leadership Election, 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Labour Party (UK) Leadership Election, 2016  (Read 57402 times)
DL
Canada

« on: July 01, 2016, 08:00:37 AM »

Corbyn is getting really ridiculous, I'm started to regret ever voting for him.
We should've voted for Burnham

The notorious blairite? Tongue

Burnham was hardly a blairite,
Initially, I thought about voting for him but I liked what Corbyn was saying  

Even as someone who worked for Andy; and who voted for him Andy ran in 2010 as the most right wing candidate.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2015/06/the-humiliation-that-turned-andy-burnham-from-blairite-to-union-man/

I thought Liz Kendall was generally viewed as the most right wing and "Blairite" candidate?
DL
Canada

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 10:16:41 AM »

Didn't Jeremy Corbyn run for Parliament in three straight elections under Tony Blair's leadership? Maybe I am projecting the Canadian political system too much onto Britain (though are systems are supposedly closely related)...but in Canada if you were a backbench MP and your leader and government did something you totally disagreed with and if you thought the leader of your party was a "war criminal" - it would be a race to see what would happen first - would you be expelled from the party or would you resign to sit as an independent or to form a new party - there is no way that you could be as critical as Corbyn was of his own leader and be allowed to stay in the party and furthermore if you did stay you would be called a hypocrit for staying.

I would say that by running as a Labour Party candidate in 2005 AFTER the war in Iraq vote etc...Corbyn was affiliating himself with everything that his leader Tony Blair stood for including the war in Iraq - so he is no better than any of the people he is attacking.
DL
Canada

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 10:00:35 AM »

Apparently the NEC is voting by SECRET BALLOT on whether or not Corbyn needs signatures...this could make a huge difference since there are thought to be a lot of union reps who publicly want to be seen as loyal to Corbyn but who privately think he has got to go!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies