Hawaii votes to ban cigarettes for those under 21 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:48:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hawaii votes to ban cigarettes for those under 21 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hawaii votes to ban cigarettes for those under 21  (Read 5880 times)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« on: April 25, 2015, 09:45:19 PM »

Seems reasonable. Anything and everything that isn't an outright ban on smoking should be done to discourage the cancer sticks. We should ban non-e-cigarettes, raise the age like here, and further increase tobacco taxes to bankruptcy levels while providing free and quality addiction counseling with state monies.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 04:12:42 PM »

Seems reasonable. Anything and everything that isn't an outright ban on smoking should be done to discourage the cancer sticks. We should ban non-e-cigarettes, raise the age like here, and further increase tobacco taxes to bankruptcy levels while providing free and quality addiction counseling with state monies.

Go f**k yourself. I work full-time for awful pay, and am also a full-time student. I'm already (legally) restricted from drinking after a long day because of this type of bullshit fascism, (doesn't stop me because I'm not some nanny state believing tool) and now you idiots want to take away the only legal drug young people can use to help cope with this type of shit. Sounds like a perfect society to me! Let Mr. Bossman chomp on a cigar in his office while he's on the phone with the cops about some kid he caught with a cigarette out back. Trust me, I can make an informed decision without your help believe it or not.

Well, if you want to kill yourself with such crap, suit yourself. But sometimes the state does need to step in to stop behaviors, like smoking, which harm the common good.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 09:12:48 AM »

And anyway, considering the harmful effects of Tobacco, wouldn't pursuing policies to make it less popular be helpful to the working class, considering money saved from buying cigarettes/later-life medical bills?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies