Terrorist behind September 11 strike was trained by Saddam
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 06:18:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Terrorist behind September 11 strike was trained by Saddam
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Terrorist behind September 11 strike was trained by Saddam  (Read 5157 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2003, 10:55:22 PM »

I said nothing about second chances. Since the information was discovered a couple of weeks ago, it doesn't really apply as to whether the war was justified given the information we knew at the time. I was asking at which point between the time the first plane hit the WTC tower and when the first U.S. missiles hit Iraq, did we discover that Saddam Hussein was behind the 9-11 attacks. I also would be curious as to, at which point, Bush made this known and told the world that this is why he will attack Iraq. Discovery of such information would have made the issue of WMD essentially moot. However I don't believe Bush ever said that, or justified it in that way.

I have already heard of the Bush administration helping plenty of evil, ruthless dictators stay in power THIS decade.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2003, 11:22:16 PM »
« Edited: December 14, 2003, 11:23:13 PM by Beet »

The Democrats should nominate a candidate who is pro-war based on the fact that we helped the Iraqi people and that the Middle East is a uniquely strategic area in the war on terror. That is the only possible justification for the war. However, the candidate should oppose the war unequivocally based on the way that G.W. Bush presented it, as a way of enforcing UN resolutions, because Saddam had WMD, because Saddam was a threat, or to punish Saddam for kicking out weapons inspectors. These are not the reasons.

Also the candidate should distinguish himself by promoting a friendly US policy towards "Old Europe" and by seeking to develop better relations with the UN; perhaps giving it a greater role in overseeing elections.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2003, 11:23:53 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You were still more likely to die from gun violence than from terrorism.
jravnsbo

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2003, 11:27:08 PM »

right and along that same line there have been more people killed in many of our major cities than troops in IRAQ
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2003, 08:21:32 AM »

You were more likely to die from hundreds of things in 2001 than terrorism.  This year, the number of people finding their death from the flu is expected to vastly increase because of the shortage of flu vaccines.  I think that the government should take a few millions out of the defense budget ($336B I think I heard) and spend it giving free flu vaccines to every American that wants one.  Is that so extreme a belief?
jravnsbo

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2003, 10:46:02 AM »

Well last year the flu vaccine had like 10 million EXTRA doses that went unused and so the reports came in to make less and so they did.  Then an outbreak comes along.  

It happens hard to tell.  Plus it takes 10 weeks to cultivate the vaccine so no more can be made.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2005, 09:27:54 AM »

why the f.uck did you bump this?  It has a bunch of my dumbest posts in history.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2005, 01:05:19 PM »

why the f.uck did you bump this?  It has a bunch of my dumbest posts in history.

But it is such a long and glorious history, Boss!
khirkhib

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2005, 01:36:24 PM »

This sounds like something that should have been demonstated before we went into Iraq because to me this resonates as another changed rationalization.

WMDs that weren't there.

Torturing Citizens which we put under new management.

Creating a democratic state which looks more like a Muslim theocracy then it was when it was a secular dictatorship.

This isn't news because they play has already been made.
And it isn't going to reinthuse the US support for this war.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2005, 03:22:08 PM »

This sounds like something that should have been demonstated before we went into Iraq because to me this resonates as another changed rationalization.

WMDs that weren't there.

With the worlds attention suddenly focused on Syria, it will be interesting to see if Iraqi WMDs that might have been sent over there, magically appear on the Iraqi border with an "oops, sorry, take this as a token of our forgiveness" letter attached signed by the Syrian gov't.   hahaha
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies