Scottish Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 11:06:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Scottish Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scottish Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014  (Read 146966 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: September 17, 2014, 11:34:14 PM »

Attention: Americans (and others, I guess)

BBC World will be broadcasting live coverage of the results beginning at 6 PM ET (11 PM in Scotland) tomorrow and will continue for four hours.

Live stream?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 12:19:37 PM »

Rasmussen poll of 1000 Americans:

Do you favor or oppose Scotland becoming an independent nation rather than a part of Great Britain?

30% YES
19% No
51% Undecided

Plus:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Link

As I've said the thing I find perplexing about that vastly over-represented 19% on this forum is that I can understand an American supporting Scottish independence for romantic reasons. That makes sense to me. How does an American unionist happen? Some nonsense about Keeping Our Ally Strong!!1 ?

Look, at least in the short term, Scotland is better off staying with the UK. You can argue these issues shouldn't be decided with a short term view but that explains some of the opposition to this plan. The no side needs to have a better thought out plan for an independent Scotland. I am an American who opposes Scotland independence and it has nothing to do with loyalty to the crown.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies