Am I the only Dem who cares more about gun control than gay marriage? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:50:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Am I the only Dem who cares more about gun control than gay marriage? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Am I the only Dem who cares more about gun control than gay marriage?  (Read 1144 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

« on: July 02, 2013, 10:10:36 AM »

Putting marriage equality at the forefront makes perfect political sense from the perspective of the administration and the national Democratic Party. It helps prevent base defections as Obama proposes to gut Social Security and Medicare, sell weapons to Syrian rebels, and enact NAFTA on steroids in the Pacific and with the Europeans. If Obama and the Democratic leadership weren't making such a fuss about it, naturally they'd have a much harder time selling Republican policies to the Democratic base. But all the above betrayals of working Americans matter little to the average liberal, who has given up fighting the administration and has at least since 2011 given in to an increasingly conservative administration that talks the talk but won't walk the walk. Obama will go to bat for a gun control bill, but won't go to bat for a far more important piece of legislation, like raising the minimum wage.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies