Liberals Ready to Abandon Abortion as an Issue (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:44:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Liberals Ready to Abandon Abortion as an Issue (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Liberals Ready to Abandon Abortion as an Issue  (Read 6432 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« on: July 04, 2005, 07:27:01 AM »

I really can't believe that liberals are ready to abandon abortion as an issue.  It is too much of a primary concern for backbone liberal voters like the hysterical and strident feminists.

I think it would be best for our whole political process if the Roe vs. Wade decision, which was a very bad one in my opinion, were overturned and the issue turned over to the state legislatures.  I don't think much would change in any case, and it would improve our public discourse.

It is almost the worst thing for liberals to be forced to cling to this decision, and put everything on this decision.  This has turned out to be a pyrrhic victory for feminists.  They have mortgaged most of their movement to this issue, and are still sweating bullets over every Supreme Court appointment 32 years later.  If abortion were approved in some form, and to some degree, by state legislatures, it would be much more durable.

But I don't think most liberals are capable of thinking this far outside the box.  If they were, they would long ago have abandoned what passes for the liberal philosophy today.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies