Got some medical issues (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:33:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Got some medical issues (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Got some medical issues  (Read 1300 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: April 03, 2011, 01:24:00 PM »

I have constant aches throughout my stomach and my sides.  I'm going to see a doctor this Wednesday.  I just thought everyone should know if they are wondering why I haven't updated my TLs on time.

Eat some prunes.  You'll be fine... at least once you have one holy hell of a visit to the can.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 03:35:49 PM »

I don't believe so.
More specifically I have a case of dull aches in my upper stomach that flare up a few minutes after I eat something.  When I have a "movement" I feel relief.  My roommate thinks I have an ulcer which he has said:
a) eat more fruits and veggies (which I have been doing)
b) No more alcohol
c) no smoking
d) run run run.

I haven't drank in weeks, I haven't smoked since last March, I eat a moderate amount of greens and fruit, and I haven't found time to do jack sh*t for exercise since Winter Break.
If you think it may be an ulcer, I'd recommend getting some over the counter prilosec right away.  It will reduce acid production in your stomach.. which isn't great if you don't have frequent heartburn... but is very beneficial to people with ulcers.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 03:54:05 PM »

By 'upper stomach' you mean your actual stomach, presumably? The question you'll get asked - or should do - is how often you're going to the toilet and whether there's anything unusual about what comes out.

Also, if you're taking any pain killers don't take any without food...

^^^ This

Plus... if your poop looks black and tarry.. that's a sign of bleeding in your stomach... a sure sign of ulcers.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 08:58:45 PM »

you mentioned your sides aching as well - does it feel similar to a muscle pain?
how is your appetite?

Appetite is a bit smaller than usual.
And yes it does feel similar to muscle pain.

last year I was having pain in my back and my sides along with a nervous/queasy feeling in my stomach along with losing appetite. They did an ultrasound and it showed some stones in the gallbladder. They took the organ out and i haven't missed it.
Just don't eat a load of lard... Wink
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 08:29:27 PM »

I don't believe so.
More specifically I have a case of dull aches in my upper stomach that flare up a few minutes after I eat something.  When I have a "movement" I feel relief.  My roommate thinks I have an ulcer which he has said:
a) eat more fruits and veggies (which I have been doing)
b) No more alcohol
c) no smoking
d) run run run.

I haven't drank in weeks, I haven't smoked since last March, I eat a moderate amount of greens and fruit, and I haven't found time to do jack sh*t for exercise since Winter Break.
If you think it may be an ulcer, I'd recommend getting some over the counter prilosec right away.  It will reduce acid production in your stomach.. which isn't great if you don't have frequent heartburn... but is very beneficial to people with ulcers.

Just took some prilosec.
Holy hell, I feel a lot better.
That isn't to say it's completely gone but it's definitely improved.
I'm still going to see the doctor on Wednesday though (just to be safe).

Prilosec can take a couple days to work 100%.  Just take a pill a day and let your doctor know...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies