VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:50:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)  (Read 167422 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« on: February 16, 2017, 04:36:47 PM »

Yeah, after reading this I'm definitely behind Northam. Perriello seems like Tulsi Gabbard 2.0.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 05:01:09 PM »

Well, correct me if I'm wrong since I'm not very well-versed in state politics. Wasn't his voting record pretty disturbing in regards to the environment, abortion and gun control?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 05:46:31 PM »

Well, correct me if I'm wrong since I'm not very well-versed in state politics. Wasn't his voting record pretty disturbing in regards to the environment, abortion and gun control?

Not really (from a Dem perspective). He was anti assault weapon ban and didnt demonize gunowners which apparently means hes mr. NRA even though he's fine with background checks and other restrictions. The abortion thing was basically just him saying that as a Catholic he thought abortion was bad even though he never supported any abortion restriction I am aware of and is fine with Roe. And he voted for cap and trade.

I favor Northam over Periello in this race but in all honesty Northam is much more moderate than Periello and I am amazed at how well Northam is pretending to outflank Periello on the left.

Ah, well, in that case I'm probably still closer to Northam, but I wouldn't mind Periello too. New York Times seems to be supporting Northam- their story really exaggarates Periello's voting record.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies