Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 12:11:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129780 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: February 13, 2013, 05:41:07 PM »

What contractor in their right mind will hire you given you leave jobs faster than I change heads on my toothbrush?

You don't just buy a new toothbrush whole?  I've never heard of 'changing heads' on a toothbrush.  Maybe on a 'shaver'...

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Sonicare-FlexCare-Rechargeable-Toothbrush/dp/B0013TVEWA/ref=pd_sbs_hpc_1

I use an electric one. So no, I don't just buy one of those every once and a while.. Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #276 on: February 13, 2013, 05:44:38 PM »

would you really use up the 1 dollar difference in gas by driving 10 more miles a day? Yeah some of it would go to gas but all of it.

Probably 80 cents of it.  Plus that's just 10 miles one way, 20 miles round trip.  That's an extra 100 miles a week.
What kind of car do you drive Bushie?

2006 Nissan Sentra
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #277 on: February 13, 2013, 06:55:42 PM »

OK. That sounds intriguing. Is it a contract to hire? Or a bonafide job? It sounds more like what you were doing at ONG, which was stable, paid decently, and seemed to fit what you like to do. I am not going to criticize this potential move till I know more.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #278 on: February 13, 2013, 07:02:23 PM »

OK. That sounds intriguing. Is it a contract to hire? Or a bonafide job? It sounds more like what you were doing at ONG, which was stable, paid decently, and seemed to fit what you like to do. I am not going to criticize this potential move till I know more.

Indeed... this doesn't scream stupid.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #279 on: February 13, 2013, 07:23:30 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2013, 07:26:23 PM by Beehive State Bushie »

It is a contract to hire.  I've got a phone interview with them after work either tomorrow or Friday.  It is a two-step interview process.  I am really going to go for this job should it be offered.  But, still, as with the job I just interviewed for today and was turned down, worst case scenario is I can continue as is at Xerox.  Although, I am making a promise to myself.  If I do not get this job, I am going to suspend the job search for about 6 months and focus on getting established and maybe moving up in Xerox.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #280 on: February 14, 2013, 05:15:07 AM »

What contractor in their right mind will hire you given you leave jobs faster than I change heads on my toothbrush?

You don't just buy a new toothbrush whole?  I've never heard of 'changing heads' on a toothbrush.  Maybe on a 'shaver'...

An electric toothbrush.

Do people actually use those?  Sounds so 1950s!

I thought you were a lazy person, of course lazy people like me use them.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #281 on: February 14, 2013, 05:20:06 AM »

An electric toothbrush.

Do people actually use those?  Sounds so 1950s!

[…]

False dichotomy, there is of course no such thing as a "non-lazy" person.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #282 on: February 14, 2013, 05:33:13 AM »

You don't just buy a new toothbrush whole?  I've never heard of 'changing heads' on a toothbrush.  Maybe on a 'shaver'...

An electric toothbrush.

Do people actually use those?  Sounds so 1950s!

[…]

False dichotomy, there is of course no such thing as a "non-lazy" person.
I'm gonna have to think about this one, and come with a textbook exercise to demonstrate such a person. I have to agree that "non-lazy" would be an unnatural ideology, most likely held by a culturally oppressed American worker.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #283 on: February 14, 2013, 06:25:25 AM »

To be honest I can't conceive of brushing teeth as relating to 'laziness'.  For me, repetitive back and forth (or for that matter up and down) motions do not constitute 'work'.   For me, 'work' is having to get up early (before four PM), having to be in a particular place, and in particular having to write or speak.  If all I had to do was move my hand back and forth to make a comfortable living, I would be one happy man.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #284 on: February 14, 2013, 04:09:14 PM »

Oddly enough, this is the ad on top of my Atlas screen -
Oral-B® Pulsonic Brush
Fight Plaque and Reduce Gingivitis with an Oral-B® Sonic Toothbrush.
www.OralB.com/pulsonic-toothbrush

I guess it knows what we're talking about. Smiley

I have a Skype Interview with the new company tomorrow at 14:30.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #285 on: February 14, 2013, 04:30:18 PM »

Still have the mustache?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #286 on: February 14, 2013, 04:31:33 PM »

Still have the mustache?

Yep
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #287 on: February 14, 2013, 04:39:27 PM »

I haven't had to look for a job for several years. Are skype interviews now common? Seems like one would need to make the computer room pretty in addition to the usual extra appearance fussing. I don't think I would like it. Not that how interviews has anything to do with the preferences of the interviewee.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #288 on: February 14, 2013, 05:21:31 PM »

This is my first ever Skype Interview, so I don't know how common they really are.

They want Skype as my interviewer is all the way in New York.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #289 on: February 14, 2013, 09:52:13 PM »

I should know the results of the Skype Interview by Monday and whether I am selected to move to the second interview which is a face-to-face in the Sandy, Utah Office.

If I am eventually offered the position, I will take it, but if I don't get it, I'm going to suspend the job search for at least six months if not one year.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #290 on: February 15, 2013, 05:12:05 PM »

I just got finished with the Skype interview.  I thought it went well, but I won't know anything until Monday or Tuesday.  So, now, I can just enjoy my weekend and relax.  There's not much in the way of basketball on tonight, so I think I'm going to make it a movie marathon night watching a lot of Marx Brothers movies, starting off with Room Service, At the Circus, Go West, The Big Store, and A Night in Casablanca.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #291 on: February 15, 2013, 09:24:14 PM »

If I am eventually offered the position, I will take it, but if I don't get it, I'm going to suspend the job search for at least six months if not one year.
All things considered, do you want to change jobs or not? Simple yes or no question. Unless this offer is just too good to be true (and let's all hope it's not; we all know where that road leads) the above does not make any sense at all.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #292 on: February 15, 2013, 09:33:36 PM »

The first of the 5 movie marathon is over.  I just watched the Marx Brothers' movie, Room Service.  Now, I'm watching At the Circus.  After At the Circus, I will be doing my Biggest Loser challenge and weigh-in and then resuming my movie marathon with Go West and The Big Store and finished off with A Night in Casablanca
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #293 on: February 15, 2013, 09:37:11 PM »

You're watching five movies in one evening? Are you immobile?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #294 on: February 15, 2013, 10:03:39 PM »

All things considered, do you want to change jobs or not? Simple yes or no question. Unless this offer is just too good to be true (and let's all hope it's not; we all know where that road leads) the above does not make any sense at all.

I want to change jobs, but I also want stability.  I was going to stop looking after the interview on Wednesday failed, but before I could tell my recruiter, I got an email with this possibility.  I thought about turning it down, but I didn't and decided to pursue it.  So, I had the Skype Interview this afternoon.  Honestly, I don't feel too confident about the interview, so from here I will probably just attempt to gain some tenure.  Read into that, that I will not actively look for a job, though, but if a possibility comes across my email, I'll look at it.

Of course, the interview from today is not off the table, yet, I just don't fee too confident about it.  If it does work, I'm changing jobs.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #295 on: February 15, 2013, 10:04:09 PM »

Plus, working out.  None of these movies are over 90 minutes.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #296 on: February 15, 2013, 10:40:36 PM »

Plus, working out.  None of these movies are over 90 minutes.
Even if they were only an hour each, that's five hours on the couch. In actuality, it's probably more like seven. You're, of course, more than welcome to spend your evening however you like. I don't want to come across as judgemental because that's not my angle at all. Mostly I'm impressed with your ability to sit still for that long. Not many people have that kind of slothful endurance. And I'm glad you're playing the Biggest Loser. Do you find the workouts strenuous? If not, it's not a good workout. I'm 100% unfamiliar with the game though I used to play Wii Fit a lot. It was fun and better than nothing, but an extremely mild workout.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #297 on: February 15, 2013, 10:44:20 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2013, 10:50:15 PM by Beehive State Bushie »

Plus, working out.  None of these movies are over 90 minutes.
Even if they were only an hour each, that's five hours on the couch. In actuality, it's probably more like seven. You're, of course, more than welcome to spend your evening however you like. I don't want to come across as judgemental because that's not my angle at all. Mostly I'm impressed with your ability to sit still for that long. Not many people have that kind of slothful endurance. And I'm glad you're playing the Biggest Loser. Do you find the workouts strenuous? If not, it's not a good workout. I'm 100% unfamiliar with the game though I used to play Wii Fit a lot. It was fun and better than nothing, but an extremely mild workout.

The workouts are strenuous.  They bring in new things every two or three days to add to it and change it up.

I doubt I will be getting to the 5th movie tonight as it is 9:00.  With a 45 minute workout plus another 4 1/2 hours of movies, I would not be going to bed until at least 2:15 am, plus time to change the movies out.  2:15 is only an hour before my alarm goes off on a typical workday.  Without that 5th movie, I could probably be in bed by 00:30.  We'll play it by ear.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #298 on: February 15, 2013, 11:31:08 PM »

Challenge and weigh-in is over and I put up a nice big GOOSE EGG on the weigh-in...  On to next week.  I've got movie #3 underway Go West and am snacking on a nice delicious green apple that my neighbor kindly gave me!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #299 on: February 16, 2013, 12:49:53 AM »

Alright, so after my work out this evening, I was tempted to have a glass of soda and some Deluxe Graham chocolate cookies. I decided against it and had two green apples and a couple of glasses of V-8 fusion.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies