what did you eat today? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 07:19:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  what did you eat today? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: what did you eat today?  (Read 3597 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: August 14, 2007, 11:44:30 AM »

about four cups of strong coffee and about a third of a banana.  but it's only 11:45 am yet.

within the next hour I'll probably have my first serious meal of the day.  It'll either be two packages of Mama's brand spicy pork-flavored noodles cooked with a sliced carrot and a sliced jalapeņo; or a sandwich of pastrami, brie, mayonnaise, mustard, jalapeņo, lettuce, and tomato on whole wheat bread.

If we have any mangos left I'll eat one of those with my lunch as well.  otherwise, I'll finish that banana.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 12:48:25 PM »

I must say, what most of you eat sounds like nothing more than processed snacks.. basically garbage.  I suppose you cannot afford a complete meal.

The only thing that sounded good was angus's potential sandwich.

Actually, the old lady was making some lamb and zucchini, so I forewent the sandwich.  Fairly plain.  We buy lamb shanks often, and pick the meat off the bone and sautee it in oil with fresh green onion and fresh garlic.  lots of garlic.  then throw in sliced vegetables and some soy sauce.  there's always that sticky, cheap, short-grain rice around the house.  I used to eat Mahatma style rice, like a regular gringo, but nowadays I eat the inferior east asian variety.  Actually, though less healthy than the long-grain rice, it has the advantage of sticking together which permits its consumption with sticks.  you know what I mean.

no mangos today.  will have to get some later.  and my son had finished my banana, so I started a new one.

I'm also taking a multi-vitamin lately.  The kind for old people.  Centrum Silver.  I'm not sure if it's bad for younger people to take old folks' vitamins.  Mostly, I think I might have a copper deficiency, and wanted the extra copper and also the vitamin B12, so I opted for the over-50 daily vitamin. 
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 04:38:37 PM »

Actually, though less healthy than the long-grain rice, it has the advantage of sticking together which permits its consumption with sticks.  you know what I mean.

In Thailand most people eat the fluffier kind of rice, as chopsticks are not used all that much.  The standard Thai utensils are a large spoon in the right hand and a fork in the left - nothing could be more efficient.  I find it hard to eat any other way.

interesting.  I had no idea.  Well, anyway, we always buy the Bhotan here, and not the Jasmine.  So I usually don't need a fork or a spoon.  I've gotten used to the taste, and now chinese restaurant rice seems more natural to me than indian restaurant rice.  Although I do admit I like the color that the saffron (or tumeric if you're doing it cheaply) gives the indian rice.  Do the thai color the rice the color of a Bhuddist monk the way the indians and bengalis do?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies