Are these the comments of a bigot?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:20:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Are these the comments of a bigot?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Huh
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Are these the comments of a bigot?  (Read 3430 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2007, 10:56:23 AM »

Wow!  Apartheid returns.  Say is it true that a high percentage of mercenaries in Iraq and Afghanistan are South African whites?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2007, 07:51:59 PM »

lol, were we bored today or something?

Yes. I have a lot of studying to do, and I'll probably be pulling an all nighter. I needed a break.

Yeah, we need to get you a hobby or a girlfriend or a job Jesus. You put way too much work into finding evidence for this person's bigotry. So who is this? Is this States or somebody else?

As for the comments most are obviously horrible and hate filled and, yes, bigoted.

Yes, of course it is States. It was not a terribly difficult task--I merely typed in words like "homosexuality" and "black" into the search engine, and set it to show posts by StatesRights. I honestly feel like I barely scratched the surface--he has said so many offensive and horrible things.

I was inspired by the thread about how he had left. He received and outpouring of love and praise from the forum community. I was absolutely disgusted.

You people have no standards. My opinion of this forum has plummeted over the past year, but that thread was a turning point. I had not realized what a cesspool this place is. There are few people on this planet less worthy of life than StatesRights. He is a despicable human being, yet I'm the insane one for disliking him!?

How can someone like Afleitch, a homosexual, "miss" a man who says he is a disgusting child molester? What the hell is wrong with you guys?! I felt I needed to remind you all what kind of person StatesRights is. A horrible one. It is disgraceful that any of you would be upset because of his departure. I was very upset by some of the forumers praising States as a "good" man.

Though I would guess he will return to the forum (he has attempted to leave before), I hope you guys realize how much better this forum is without him. There are people more deserving of your sympathy. It is unfortunate that some of you must suggest that I have no life--honestly Colin, you're the President of a friggin fantasy nation, what position are you in to criticize me? I don't really even care if I get banned from this forum anymore. Sad

Boohoo. You're a horrible person too, so I can't say your sudden flash of sympathy for the victims of bigotry moves me all that much. As others have said StatesRights was a nice person. He had some horrible views but a lot of people here have horrible views. For someone who's acted abusively to other people constantly and pushed the limits of free speech to its outmost boundaries I don't really think you're in a position to censor someone else.

And, of course, feuding is dumb. Feuding with someone on an internet forum is dumber. But feuding with someone who has LEFT an internet forum? Come on.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2007, 09:05:23 PM »

Yes. I have a lot of studying to do, and I'll probably be pulling an all nighter. I needed a break.

Yeah, we need to get you a hobby or a girlfriend or a job Jesus. You put way too much work into finding evidence for this person's bigotry. So who is this? Is this States or somebody else?

As for the comments most are obviously horrible and hate filled and, yes, bigoted.

Yes, of course it is States. It was not a terribly difficult task--I merely typed in words like "homosexuality" and "black" into the search engine, and set it to show posts by StatesRights. I honestly feel like I barely scratched the surface--he has said so many offensive and horrible things.

I was inspired by the thread about how he had left. He received and outpouring of love and praise from the forum community. I was absolutely disgusted.

You people have no standards. My opinion of this forum has plummeted over the past year, but that thread was a turning point. I had not realized what a cesspool this place is. There are few people on this planet less worthy of life than StatesRights. He is a despicable human being, yet I'm the insane one for disliking him!?

How can someone like Afleitch, a homosexual, "miss" a man who says he is a disgusting child molester? What the hell is wrong with you guys?! I felt I needed to remind you all what kind of person StatesRights is. A horrible one. It is disgraceful that any of you would be upset because of his departure. I was very upset by some of the forumers praising States as a "good" man.

Though I would guess he will return to the forum (he has attempted to leave before), I hope you guys realize how much better this forum is without him. There are people more deserving of your sympathy. It is unfortunate that some of you must suggest that I have no life--honestly Colin, you're the President of a friggin fantasy nation, what position are you in to criticize me? I don't really even care if I get banned from this forum anymore. Sad

Boohoo. You're a horrible person too, so I can't say your sudden flash of sympathy for the victims of bigotry moves me all that much. As others have said StatesRights was a nice person. He had some horrible views but a lot of people here have horrible views. For someone who's acted abusively to other people constantly and pushed the limits of free speech to its outmost boundaries I don't really think you're in a position to censor someone else.

And, of course, feuding is dumb. Feuding with someone on an internet forum is dumber. But feuding with someone who has LEFT an internet forum? Come on.

A fascist bigot cannot be a nice person, fool. As for the second claim in your first paragraph, I do not agree that joke posts more than three years ago that I have apologized for matter very much. StatesRights was a horrible person his entire time on this forum. But you don't use your brain, do you?

I'm protesting the outpouring of praise he received when people noticed he had left, and besides, I highly doubt that he does not lurk the forum.

Anyway, hopefully the Swedish authorities have noticed a patient from one of their mental institutions is on the loose.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2007, 10:10:25 PM »

You know Gustaf, you come across as being very arrogant.  I can't say I've seen you add much to the forum lately other than criticizing other forum members.

Maybe I'm being really unfair because I don't know you very well at all.. and it might be silly, like you said, because this is just a forum on the internet... but I'd appreciate it if you'd offer more constructive criticism and a little less finger waving.
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -4.00

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2007, 01:54:19 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2007, 06:48:13 PM by Schiffer »

Yep, they are the comments of a hate-filled, insensitive bigot.
thad_l
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: -9.74

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2007, 09:57:01 PM »

Those quotes are hilarious.  Oh, yes, BTW.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2007, 11:59:57 PM »

For some reason I read the title again and thought it said "Are these the comments of a bigfoot?" Tongue
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2007, 01:19:13 AM »

I find it funny that Jesus had a problem with me "provoking" Stark and then he goes and makes a thread like this. Hypocrisy at its finest.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2007, 02:35:38 AM »

I find it funny that Jesus had a problem with me "provoking" Stark and then he goes and makes a thread like this. Hypocrisy at its finest.

I make one thread about someone who isn't here and you made a ton about someone while they were here. Not the same.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2007, 05:09:02 PM »

Is this the thread of an asshole?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2007, 05:11:36 PM »

No, but the above post is. Smiley
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2007, 06:47:39 PM »

States and I disagree a lot, but I think a lot of was posted was:

1.  Taken out of context.

2.  Made tongue-in-cheek.

He knows I live in a completely Black neighborhood, by choice.  He knows our differences over Islam.  He knows I'm not completely Caucasian.  We get along fine.

So no, I don't think these are the remarks of a bigot.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2007, 11:26:51 AM »
« Edited: December 04, 2007, 11:28:55 AM by Eraserhead »

I make one thread about someone who isn't here and you made a ton about someone while they were here. Not the same.

I made a ton? Maybe two or three tops... and it isn't like you didn't try to constantly provoke States while he was here.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2007, 09:21:20 AM »
« Edited: December 06, 2007, 10:07:57 AM by Gustaf »

You know Gustaf, you come across as being very arrogant.  I can't say I've seen you add much to the forum lately other than criticizing other forum members.

Maybe I'm being really unfair because I don't know you very well at all.. and it might be silly, like you said, because this is just a forum on the internet... but I'd appreciate it if you'd offer more constructive criticism and a little less finger waving.

I'm actually a very nice person, but the forum has taken a lot of it out of me. I used to act nicely to all the trolls on here, but in the end I gave up on it. It didn't really pay off in any way. Nowadays relatively few discussions really interest me and it's tiresome to write up a long, well thought-out paragraph only to have it met by "HP", "^^^^^", a blue Sweden-avatar or some other nonsense. I follow the handfull of interesting posters still around and get news of stuff. When I think it is called for I comment on posts I believe detract from the over-all quality of the forum.

As for constructive criticism, believe me, I have tried it. I've never seen a bad case on the forum respond to constructive criticism, and frankly I neither have the time nor the interest to try and "save" or "improve" some random jerk on the internet. I simply let a person know when I think they're behaving in a way they shouldn't and if they want to accept it or not is really up to them.

Note to Bgwah: "mental institution looking for a patient" Is that the worse you can do? You're losing your touch, old man!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2007, 10:32:42 AM »

I'd like to retract part of the above statement. I just read a post of Snowguy's and remembered who he is (an arrogant poster with weak debate abilities and serious anger issues). I hope your little lecture on how to criticize people was a joke and if it wasn't I guess it sort of underlined my actual point. But I will leave this interesting 3-page discussion to the rest of you now.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2007, 11:38:16 AM »

Hitlerites are destroying America. This post proves it.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2007, 01:11:33 PM »

Pot, meet kettle.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2007, 02:08:16 PM »

Pot, meet kettle.
Indeed.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2007, 05:47:00 PM »

I'd like to retract part of the above statement. I just read a post of Snowguy's and remembered who he is (an arrogant poster with weak debate abilities and serious anger issues). I hope your little lecture on how to criticize people was a joke and if it wasn't I guess it sort of underlined my actual point. But I will leave this interesting 3-page discussion to the rest of you now.

I've never denied that I'm arrogant.  In fact I've admitted it in several posts as one of my biggest problems that I need to work on.

But what I said above is true.  I haven't seen anything constructive from you (or from Bono) lately except cheap insults and trying to belittle others.  I won't say I haven't done the same thing, but I don't come to this forum for the sole purpose of getting my jollies off at others' expense.

I do find it a bit ridiculous that you have alleged that I have some serious anger issues.  For somebody who doesn't really care about "some jerk" on the internet, you seem to have a lot of insight into their personalities!

If you have such a problem with me, please put me on ignore.  I wouldn't want to detract from your positive experience here!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies