August 2012 Election Tracker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 11:49:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  August 2012 Election Tracker (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: August 2012 Election Tracker  (Read 7215 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: August 24, 2012, 07:06:01 PM »

And I just lost an 8th preference.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 08:50:06 AM »

Wow, if this is the final result, Hagrid being elected but Clarence not being elected would be very odd to say the least Tongue

This. And on another note, who the hell kind of person votes for Seatown over Bacon King or Clarence?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 01:26:31 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2012, 02:39:54 PM by IDS Legislator SJoyceFla »

I can absolutely understand someone voting Seatown over BK, considering BK's very fly-boy, love-em-and-leave-em approach to Atlasia he's had in the past.

Wormyguy has missed a majority of votes during his term and recently was expelled but still scored higher approvals than Seatown.

Sheesh. I guess I just don't know what Seatown has done wrong. Tongue

His actions in the Senate have included (a comprehensive list):

• Attempting to place an embargo on products made in one specific factory into the FPR section on China (eventually transformed into a separate bill including an investigation of such plants and the creation of an imports labor oversight committee).
  • The incident with the Saving Over Spending Act
  • Attempting to propose a 0.5% tax on each stock.
  • Promotion of Wake Island/Atlasian Virgin Islands independence referendums
  • Jacking up the gasoline tax
  • Throwing a billion dollars at worker co-operatives.
  • Something about how "Wormyguy hates the brown man".
  • The whole I-disapprove-of-Sbane-because-of-one-vote-on-a-tax-on-stocks-which-is-apparently-now-a-harmful-activity thing
  • And of course, today is not my day, for I am a bloodthirsty hound.

And not much else I could find.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 07:20:41 PM »

I don't know who to vote for as no one has sent me any money all weekend. Has AndrewCT lost? If so, should I just not vote for him despite our romance in the past? And if Marokai is safe, would it be wrong to vote vote for him considering I think he needs to be in the senate? And what of hagrid and Clarence? And BK, even though he trashed me during his campaign? Why are there so many running? Why hasn't anyone written me in? Am I that forgotten?

In order: AndrewCT has lost absolutely, Marokai is extremely safe and will be in the Senate whether you vote for him or not, Hagrid's doing alright, Clarence isn't, BK is on the edge and is a maybe, everybody's running because people started declaring and it started snowballing, and I'm not sure.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 07:53:20 PM »

SjoyceFla came in spouting a whole bunch of right wing anti-tax rhetoric, and Napoleon implicitly endorsed it despite calling "right-wing" an insult earlier in the thread. He refuses to acknowledge the existence of right-wing views, and that people can hold, unless they are whigs. But even more so, he does not want himself or the liberal brand to be tarred by "right-wing". To liberals, I suggest you guys learn the meaning of world liberal, and what it actually means, not the mainstream TV drivel definition of it.  I will admit that I made a personal attack on SJoyceFla that was unwarranted, and I apologize, but the rest of his points are just pure propaganda. In the same way I suggest you guys read his Antarctic incorporation proposal, quite libertarian, isn't it? I think it's pretty clear that liberals are trying to consolidate power. It became pretty obvious after they attempted to court pack , and that's why I voted for whigs over liberals. Unlike the liberals I don't try to shroud my decisions and intents.

Right-wing anti-tax rhetoric? I don't know if I'm "anti-tax" so much as I am pro-lower taxation. Anyway, I don't categorize myself as right-wing; if we assume that far-right means movements such as fascism and Nazism, then clearly movements like libertarianism and classical liberalism would be firmly left-wing. As for my previous statement, it was simply a list of what you've done in the Senate according to legislation introduced and amendments proposed in the 49th and 50th Senates. As for Antarctica, that was addressed here.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 08:11:49 PM »

SjoyceFla came in spouting a whole bunch of right wing anti-tax rhetoric, and Napoleon implicitly endorsed it despite calling "right-wing" an insult earlier in the thread. He refuses to acknowledge the existence of right-wing views, and that people can hold, unless they are whigs. But even more so, he does not want himself or the liberal brand to be tarred by "right-wing". To liberals, I suggest you guys learn the meaning of world liberal, and what it actually means, not the mainstream TV drivel definition of it.  I will admit that I made a personal attack on SJoyceFla that was unwarranted, and I apologize, but the rest of his points are just pure propaganda. In the same way I suggest you guys read his Antarctic incorporation proposal, quite libertarian, isn't it? I think it's pretty clear that liberals are trying to consolidate power. It became pretty obvious after they attempted to court pack , and that's why I voted for whigs over liberals. Unlike the liberals I don't try to shroud my decisions and intents.

Right-wing anti-tax rhetoric? I don't know if I'm "anti-tax" so much as I am pro-lower taxation. Anyway, I don't categorize myself as right-wing; if we assume that far-right means movements such as fascism and Nazism, then clearly movements like libertarianism and classical liberalism would be firmly left-wing. As for my previous statement, it was simply a list of what you've done in the Senate according to legislation introduced and amendments proposed in the 49th and 50th Senates. As for Antarctica, that was addressed here.
Liberal Democrats and Tories are a left wing coalition, correct?

Liberal Democrats are center-left, Tories are center-right. What are you getting at?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 10:20:51 PM »

If Labor and Liberal are supposed to blindly back each other, then what purpose did the party split even serve? At least the duopoly of JCP and RPP was more honest about its state of affairs.

No one is asking for the parties to back each other blindly but there is no reason not to cooperate on common goals. The right wing parties are essentially trying to consolidate anyway so this is a strange criticism.

We're not consolidating with the Whigs, we're simply aligning ourselves with another party that closely fits our ideology. We're not a right-wing party, we're an IDS party, and with the Whigs having taken the srongest stances in support of regional rights, they are our logical allies.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 11:20:18 AM »

Does anyone have a balloting-count thing that's up to date?

Homely does. Check the DoFE stickied page, where I'm currently losing to a joke candidate.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 01:26:14 PM »

3 people just showed up and voted for Bacon King and no one else.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 06:48:11 PM »

I've actually become less of a hack, I promise!

Hagrid has become significantly less hackish (I attribute it to less posting on the 2012 board).
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 07:50:48 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2012, 08:39:02 PM by IDS Legislator SJoyceFla »

So on a scale of 1-10, how screwed/elected am I? Cheesy

Pretty dang elected.

EDIT: Nevermind. I was using pretty old data that showed you as 2nd.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies