Rally Against Oppression
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:53:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Rally Against Oppression
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rally Against Oppression  (Read 706 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 10, 2015, 08:35:56 AM »

I invite Atlasians to participate in a rally in Nyman DC this Monday, September 14th, to stand up against oppression in all its forms, whether it be Islamic fundamentalists in the Middle East, Christian fundamentalists in the Pacific Region, or other forces elsewhere.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 01:57:56 PM »

I invite Atlasians to participate in a rally in Nyman DC this Monday, September 14th, to stand up against oppression in all its forms, whether it be Islamic fundamentalists in the Middle East, Christian fundamentalists in the Pacific Region, or other forces elsewhere.
How are we oppressing people tbh, we invited people to a March for each and every life Muslim, Jewish, Yazidi, Mandean, Alvedi etc. We standing for each and every life not just Christian one, while we are using service to show our love for each and every religion whether it's Satanic or any other religion and as you can see it's now in the Pacific we have Northeast citizens, Southern ones and even Mideasterns and Midwesterns, we stand for each and every life and we say All Lives Matter and Never Again is Now.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 02:41:10 PM »

i'm not referring to your march specifically as oppressing people. i'm referring to your record.

basically, i just found the idea of a march claiming to stand for persecuted people, including lgbt+, led by someone with "i stand with kim davis" in their signature gross and unsupportable.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 03:08:40 PM »

i'm not referring to your march specifically as oppressing people. i'm referring to your record.

basically, i just found the idea of a march claiming to stand for persecuted people, including lgbt+, led by someone with "i stand with kim davis" in their signature gross and unsupportable.
Your wrong, I support LGBT people and I think it's horrendous and horrible that there killing them in Iraq and Syria and all over the Middle East. I also think they should be able to marry beacuse I don't give any care on what people do, with themselves. With regards to Kim Davis, I believe people of any deeply held religious belief or any person should be able to object to doing something, same thing with Muslim, Jews etc. I don't care what people do.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 03:15:04 PM »

Your wrong, I support LGBT people and I think it's horrendous and horrible that there killing them in Iraq and Syria and all over the Middle East. I also think they should be able to marry beacuse I don't give any care on what people do, with themselves. With regards to Kim Davis, I believe people of any deeply held religious belief or any person should be able to object to doing something, same thing with Muslim, Jews etc. I don't care what people do.
If she doesn't want to execute the duties of her office, or allow someone else to do so, she should resign. Civil servants don't get to decide what parts of their job they don't want to do (much as, say, the president can't decide not to appoint cabinet officers, as you have rightly stated in the past).

That said, it's not clear that Ms. Davis exists in the Atlasian universe, so this isn't extremely important.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 03:40:43 PM »

Even if it harms others?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 04:19:21 PM »

With their love relationships, if they want to marry another man or woman it's fine by me.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 10:28:04 PM »

Ooh, drama! Two regional speakers creating rallies on the same day? Good thing I recently got some more popcorn!

Regarding Kim Davis, I basically agree with Truman. And is anyone who "stands" with Kim Davis necessarily standing by her actions? I certainly would've opposed McCarthyism back in the day, but I'm pretty far from communist. And I support the legalization of polygamy, yet I'm not the biggest fan of the practice personally. Freedom of conscious actually is a very important thing, even if social conservatives often use it as an excuse to oppose gay marriage. It's the same way racists used "states' rights" to oppose civil rights in prior times--it doesn't make states' rights unimportant, although it makes it where you need to draw a line between states' rights/freedom of conscience and sanity, as it's an easy one to cross either way.

I'd like a society where people can live however they want--whether that's through marrying anyone (with consent, of course), or living according to a specific interpretation of a religion--unless it objectively harms others (e.g. chopping their heads off), without government intrusion. Of course, Kim Davis has a job to do, and should be impeached for not doing it if she's too stubborn to quit. Just how as much as I stand by a Jewish person's right to refuse eating non-Kosher foods if they don't want to, I'd have no trouble at all with them being fired as a taste-tester if they don't carry out that job.

And regarding the first post, it's rather silly to draw a moral equivalency between Christian fundamentalism (annoying as it may be) and Islamic terrorists beheading people. And help me out here--I'm not really sure what, exactly, Classic Conservative has done that would even merit consideration of drawing that equivalency outside of a vague sentence in his signature.

Classic Conservative doesn't strike me as a hate-filled person. He reminds me of myself a few years ago--a slightly uncomfortable stance in between conservatism and libertarianism. Come to think of it...so does Rand Paul...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 11:25:05 PM »

This is silly.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 04:13:27 AM »

A social conservative and a social liberal have a feud on the internet. It could be a LOT worse than this.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies