Office of the Liberal Party (New Chair)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 03:49:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of the Liberal Party (New Chair)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Office of the Liberal Party (New Chair)  (Read 5437 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2013, 09:30:01 PM »

I'd like to remind our Midwest Liberals that Senate candidate TNF has endorsed Sbane's opponent, we might want to think about doing the same for his.

Furthermore, the guy has been a National Movement sympathizer and this is no good at all!

Yeah, I would like to hold a second vote on this one. Could that be arranged?
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2013, 09:58:35 PM »

I'd like to remind our Midwest Liberals that Senate candidate TNF has endorsed Sbane's opponent, we might want to think about doing the same for his.

Furthermore, the guy has been a National Movement sympathizer and this is no good at all!

Yeah, I would like to hold a second vote on this one. Could that be arranged?

I'm not really sure but what is done is done, I believe...
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2013, 10:07:00 PM »

Revoking an endorsement for these reasons at this time seems out of reach. I supported TNF because of his platforms with which I broadly agreed. This issue should have been brought to the forefront earlier, IMO.

The National Movement is just trying to stir up the pot, so to speak.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2013, 10:15:17 PM »

I would like to thank the Liberal Party for their endorsement. Although we may have some disagreements, I nevertheless believe that we can work together to resolve the vital issues facing Atlasia in the coming Senate session.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2013, 12:30:49 AM »

I think an endorsement should require 2/3 or something more than a bare majority.  If the party is closely divided over who to endorse in a race, we shouldn't be endorsing anyone.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2013, 10:24:07 AM »

I would like to thank the members of the Liberal Party for their support and state I look forward to working with the members of this party and its Senators on matters of mutual interest when the opportunities arise, should I be so fortunate as to be reelected.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2013, 11:27:05 AM »
« Edited: June 21, 2013, 11:37:45 AM by MW representative windjammer »

As senator, I will explain my support for TNF. Maxwell is running for the governor office and seems to like his job. TNF is probably one of the best members of Atlasia and will be a great senator!

I didn't see his support for the illegimate government in the Pacific. We need to deleted our support for him!
For the Pacific, I would like we would vote a motion expressing support of the legitimate governor and I would like to permanently provide the Mustafa members to ask a Liberal's endorsement.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2013, 11:58:57 AM »
« Edited: June 22, 2013, 09:52:32 AM by DemPGH, Atty. Gen. »

That's a good idea, Windjammer. I first want to start with an announcement: at some point I'll be closing the convention part and calling this thread the Office of the Liberal Party.

As to the Pacific, it's time for me to explain myself because yesterday I got several PMs concerning my personal thoughts on several issues: The NM, the Pacific, and related topics.

First, I am not interested in the Labor / Liberal grudge or gap or whatever you want to call it. Not interested. It might make the place more interesting to have it, but in Captain Picard fashion I would rather bridge the wedge than drive it deeper. The lawsuit I filed is because of rule of law; the "Final Constitution" violates the federal Constitution quite obviously as well as resulted from deception in order to permanently gridlock a region, and if Napoleon's case works out it may even be that the Fourth Constitution that set up this mess may not have even been enacted properly. We'll see.

I have no issues with consolidating regions, especially where inactivity is a concern, and I support Nix on his call to examine the problem. That action, though, must be done legally by the Senate and through an amendment, not a farce of a vote at one o'clock in the morning by three people which produced an unconstitutional document.

Edit: Closing the poll due to lack of interest.

I think an endorsement should require 2/3 or something more than a bare majority.  If the party is closely divided over who to endorse in a race, we shouldn't be endorsing anyone.

Well, that would be an item to be placed on the bylaws / platform agenda.  
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2013, 12:02:58 PM »

That poll certainly begs the question, as it implies that the abolition of the Pacific government was somehow illegitimate when in fact nobody has yet even made an argument demonstrating that.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2013, 02:03:49 PM »

Shua, if it's you who has sent me a message, I'm sorry I can't answer you because my Inbox is bugging. I will answer you when I will be able to do it!
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2013, 02:57:42 PM »

That poll certainly begs the question, as it implies that the abolition of the Pacific government was somehow illegitimate when in fact nobody has yet even made an argument demonstrating that.

AG DemPGH has already said that the Final Constitution was ilegitimate and he even called for a court rulling... =/
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2013, 03:13:12 PM »

You'll hear it if / when the court accepts the case(s). Until then I'm not tipping my hand. 
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2013, 04:00:36 PM »

Shua, if it's you who has sent me a message, I'm sorry I can't answer you because my Inbox is bugging. I will answer you when I will be able to do it!
nope, wasn't me.

Is the pre-Final Constitution government the one that abolished the region?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2013, 04:13:20 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2013, 09:25:19 PM by DemPGH, Atty. Gen. »

Ever my thanks to the Liberals who have assisted Nix and me with your vote! Trust me when I say that should this thing work out in our favor we will not forget you, nor the poor and disenfranchised - about whom this campaign is foremost concerned. You know I stand for a united left always, as does Nix, even though we may have numerous leftist parties, as we should. Nix has run a hell of an effort here, and it's been a pleasure to offer my input to the campaign. So let's keep it going!

"You'll always be my heroes," Buddy Ryan said to his defense before Super Bowl XX. Wink

"Forty men together can't lose!" claimed George Allen.  
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2013, 02:49:32 AM »

Congratulations, our next VP!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2013, 04:06:37 AM »

Congratulations, Mr. VP! As a solid ally of the Labor Party, I wish you the best of luck in the coming weeks and months. Atlasia picked the right guys for the job at-hand and the Liberal Party (surprisingly) did the same in selecting you as their Chair. Smiley
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2013, 06:28:31 AM »

Why is it a surprise for you that DemPGH is currently our Chairman?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2013, 08:45:04 AM »

Well, after yesterday we have exhausted our compliment of torpedoes, phaser banks are down to 12%, and we're diverting from non-essential systems, but nonetheless a big thanks to all of you! I am quite pleased with the Liberal support we mustered although sad to lose a few key votes. Nevertheless the party has friends in Nix and me!

I want to congratulate all the winners starting with my region, the Northeast, and particularly Scott and SirNick, two great guys whose services Atlasia can be proud to have. I am sorry elsewhere that I cannot congratulate Siren or Talleyrand, but maybe next time!

In the coming week we can discuss pertinent matters at hand. Smiley

Congratulations, Mr. VP! As a solid ally of the Labor Party, I wish you the best of luck in the coming weeks and months. Atlasia picked the right guys for the job at-hand and the Liberal Party (surprisingly) did the same in selecting you as their Chair. Smiley

And I thank you kindly! It could not have been possible without your sterling operation and all the help, so as I see it the cooperation we saw yesterday is the way forward!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2013, 06:00:43 PM »

So we have lost our 2 senators. It really a sadness. Good luck to them in their political future...
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2013, 06:06:28 PM »

Alright Guys. No doubts that DemPGH will keep his job as Chair.But I was thinking, as Vice Chair, that we ought to make prepare our platform as soon as possible. As well as thinking about strategies that could make the Liberal stronger than it is right now! =)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2013, 06:23:52 PM »

So we have lost our 2 senators. It really a sadness. Good luck to them in their political future...

You guilted one back at least Tongue
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2013, 06:27:32 PM »

You guilted one back at least Tongue

What do you mean by that? I think Sbane is a member of the Liberal Party and he is a senator.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2013, 09:28:22 PM »

Yeah, I think to a degree we're going to have to put up with some of this. We have a small core group here, but the challenges we're facing I think are twofold: we're the most diverse of the parties in the game and to really get participation we would have to drag people in here by their feet.

I suppose we should at least plan for a Fall convention. Any cities or areas of the country that anyone find particularly appealing? I'll accept nominations, and then we can move to the platform and discuss any changes anyone wants to make. On the first matter, I'll nominate Seattle.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2013, 09:58:07 PM »

DemPGH is right. Those of us who were for the glory days of the Liberal Party might remember that our success was due to our superior strategies and hard work, not a natural ideological advantage. There was always a delicate balancing act at play and a lot of behind the scenes grinding from Scott and me.

Can this party rise again? I don't know. It deseves a chance but somethings are simply beyond our control. We did clean up in April, but again, superior strategies and hard work, nothing else. Going inactive as President was a mistake but I didn't take Wolfentoad seriously so there was no way I would have seen that coming.

The party needs leadership but I can't and won't be that leader. Kalwejt can't. I wrote in DemPGH/Superique because in them I see two people that have the desire and ability to affect positive change, for the party and for Atlasia. If someone steps up and we stick together, we should be able to do what we are here to do.

I am a washed-up has-been and its time for me to move on. One of you will need to win my Senate seat in August. I'm back and forth between parties so if you see my name on the list, tell me what to do. If you don't, politely ask. I'm a bit sad I never got to be Chair, but I think I have had a good run and over the last year and a half our party has had a good run. Whatever you guys choose to do from here, I will be happy.

Best of luck, Liberal Party.

Btw, Seattle sounds great.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2013, 10:17:52 PM »

I'll nominate Albuquerque, New Mexico!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length