Multiple Sources: IN Republicans Propose Bill Making It Legal for Police to Kill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:38:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Multiple Sources: IN Republicans Propose Bill Making It Legal for Police to Kill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Multiple Sources: IN Republicans Propose Bill Making It Legal for Police to Kill  (Read 1969 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: January 20, 2017, 06:43:41 PM »

Both sides are. Peacefully protest, but once you block the roads where working people have to head home, don't expect not to be in grave danger. Simple. Blocking roads can only tick people off even more than they are already.
Is that the hardcore centrism you believe in?

F**k, you'd allow a genocide if it got rid of an inconvenience for you.

I am a hardcore centrist, but you don't make like miserable for people who have nothing to do with the protests. It's simple. Protest in the parks. People are in no mood for BS when coming home from work to be blocked for hours for a political protest.

1) You are no centrist
2) That discomfort is the point since it makes you temporarily feel the powerlessness the protesters feel perennially
1. How am I not a centrist? I call out both parties.
2. They can get a job, an education, quit moaning if they want to make their lives better.

Explain to me how "getting a job, an education," etc. helped MLK Jr., Rosa Parks, and others accomplish what they did? These are institutional problems they are protesting. The "get in line" approach is literally what they shouldn't be doing if they want change.

They are more opportunities now than they were in the 50s and 60s. Now, these protesters want to blame white people for every part of their miserable, gutless lives. Not every white person will take it lightly. They will only push people to the extreme limit. Both sides need to cool it, or else, it's Civil War II.

That's what happens when the powerful just do whatever they want. They will either have to git rid of all those who oppose them or be removed.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 07:19:06 PM »

Both sides are. Peacefully protest, but once you block the roads where working people have to head home, don't expect not to be in grave danger. Simple. Blocking roads can only tick people off even more than they are already.
Is that the hardcore centrism you believe in?

F**k, you'd allow a genocide if it got rid of an inconvenience for you.

I am a hardcore centrist, but you don't make like miserable for people who have nothing to do with the protests. It's simple. Protest in the parks. People are in no mood for BS when coming home from work to be blocked for hours for a political protest.

1) You are no centrist
2) That discomfort is the point since it makes you temporarily feel the powerlessness the protesters feel perennially
1. How am I not a centrist? I call out both parties.
2. They can get a job, an education, quit moaning if they want to make their lives better.

Explain to me how "getting a job, an education," etc. helped MLK Jr., Rosa Parks, and others accomplish what they did? These are institutional problems they are protesting. The "get in line" approach is literally what they shouldn't be doing if they want change.

They are more opportunities now than they were in the 50s and 60s. Now, these protesters want to blame white people for every part of their miserable, gutless lives. Not every white person will take it lightly. They will only push people to the extreme limit. Both sides need to cool it, or else, it's Civil War II.

No, there aren't. Do you understand what a systematic institutional civil right issue is? It's because they have no other options that they have to resort to this.

As long as you keep perceiving it as nuisance because you're white, and not because you're NOT marginalized, you will continue to struggle to understand the problem.

They chose to drop out of high school. Don't tell me that there is no opportunities. BS. You have accomplished entertainers like LeBron James, Oprah, Jennifer Lopez. Don't give me this oppression BS, Arch. Look at the broader picture. People choose what type of life they want to have.

So you have to be at the level of millionaire celebrity to escape those issues or what? This has ZERO to do with high school or education for that matter. There are institutional problems in this country, ranging from the treatment of Blacks by police officers, to the treatment of rural dialect speakers by elitists in job opportunities, and more.

Don't stand there and tell me everything is fine and that "a little effort" will help you because it really doesn't.

What is your solution, Arch?

The first and foremost solution is to stop viewing this as solely a race issue (even though race fundamentally underlies some of these), and finding ways to communicating to everyone that this is about treating each other more humanly for a better society.

White vs Everything else has to stop.

Everyone will have to give and take, lest we want Das Capital to play out over the course of the rest of our lives.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies