Cold turkey (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 02:33:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Cold turkey (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cold turkey  (Read 1504 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« on: April 19, 2014, 08:41:56 AM »

This is my third attempt to quit smoking. I very much plan on it being my final attempt. So far I've gone 21 hours.

For those of you who don't know, peak withdrawal symptoms typically appear during the third day. Nicotine takes up to 72 hours to completely be eliminated from your system.

Thusfar, I'm not terribly impressed. Sure, I've been agitated and I've wanted a cigarette, but I'm keeping myself in check. The hardest part so far has been keeping myself occupied.

Anyone have any experience with this personally or through family or friends? Advice on stuff to do until peak withdrawal has passed is appreciated. Even ridiculous things. I will do them. Maybe.

Just keep on going at it bud. Don't go for any of those electronic smokes or anything. I quit cold turkey over 3 years ago. Haven't had a single drag since, and it feels great. I chewed gum to get rid of the cravings.. or the stupidest one is to put a pretzel rod in your mouth. I would pretend to smoke one for about a minute, and I would lose my cravin.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 09:20:14 AM »

ONE YEAR, BITCHES

If I can do it, so can you. Smiley

(sorry about the necromancy, I wanted to attention whore)

Congrats, Tik.  (And Phil)

W3RD!!!!! Good job bruh!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies