More Young Adults Signing Up for Obamacare (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 05:05:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  More Young Adults Signing Up for Obamacare (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: More Young Adults Signing Up for Obamacare  (Read 2097 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: December 25, 2015, 10:37:17 PM »

Yes. Very mad we don't have socialized medicine.

The fact that people are signing up for Obamacare under threat of a $2000 fine does not mean Obamacare is good.
The fine for 2016 and beyond is 2.5% of income, so $2000 is only the fine for people making $80,000.

The big story, of course, is that health insurance premiums, even for youngs, are going to run higher than $2,000 (or the much lower fine amounts that the vast majority of young people are looking it), so it's a pretty big deal that young people are deciding to do the smart, responsible thing and sign up for health insurance rather than the selfish, illegal, and short-sighted thing and taking their chances (knowing that hospitals will be legally required to treat them in emergencies).

If Generation Y weren't so smart and responsible, the Affordable Care Act wouldn't make it. I'm very proud of my generation that that's not the case.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 02:10:22 AM »

Yes. Very mad we don't have socialized medicine.

The fact that people are signing up for Obamacare under threat of a $2000 fine does not mean Obamacare is good.

So you are furious at Obama for not passing single payer, and presumably will vote Republican over the "obama fetishist" party?

Dude, I'm a Republican and that doesn't even make sense to me.

Why not make a thread then bragging about how so many people file their taxes each year?  After all, it's the law the same as Obamacare.

If Republicans spent 6 years swearing up and down that no one would ever pay taxes, and then it turned out that they did, it might be worth a thread.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies