Romney to campaign in PA. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 09:47:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney to campaign in PA. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney to campaign in PA.  (Read 1937 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: November 01, 2012, 05:34:00 PM »

Where in PA.

As I pointed out, Obama started running radio ads here last week.  Something is up. 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 05:45:55 PM »

Where in PA.

As I pointed out, Obama started running radio ads here last week.  Something is up. 

Keep dreaming. You won't win it.

That isn't an answer to the question "Where in PA?"  It he going to be targeting OH from PA as well.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 06:00:26 PM »

Where in PA.

Keep dreaming. You won't win it.

That isn't an answer to the question "Where in PA?"  It he going to be targeting OH from PA as well.

Sounds like Southeast PA.

http://wtaq.com/news/articles/2012/nov/01/romney-to-make-unexpected-campaign-stop-in-pennsylvania/

That is NOT aimed at Ohio. 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 07:12:01 PM »

This is different that 2008.  Obama and McCain made sustained efforts in PA.

This started with Obama moving in on the radio about two weeks ago, with nothing from Romney.  Then Romney started on TV, and suddenly, we're in the middle of a combat zone.

The polls (the good one) is showing it tighter, but with Obama at +4.  That's down, but not terrible.

Is Axelrod worried about a Bradley Effect?  He's mentioned it, but there was none in PA in 2008.

Turnout problem?  There has been no massive ground game for Obama in PA.  Registration is down more for the D's than the R's. 

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 07:44:51 PM »

I don't think Obama is good enought a b-ball to make it a career.

It was actually Trippi who said it was still there:  http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/12/sunday/main4515842.shtml

There was zero evidence of it in 2008 in PA, but I'm wondering if Obama is worried about it.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 08:06:33 PM »

Whoa dude, that's basketball sensation and retired rapper Shaquille O'Neal, not Barack Obama! Jeez, racist much?

After he's defeated, he's not good enough to make a career at b-ball.  Or are you one of those people that thinks all black people are good at basketball? 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 08:15:52 PM »

So there was absolutely zero evidence of it, a politician's man mentions it one single time, Obama's not going to PA at all, and you honestly think Obama is worried about? Come on JJ, I know it's getting close to that nerve-racking day for all of us, but I think you know better. If Obama somehow is absolutely taken in every way by surprise in PA and Romney manages the miracle, that's fine, but this will not be the reason.

The only things that I can see for the increased interest is that:

1.  Obama thinks the polls are wrong and he needs to spend money here.

2.  He's worried about D turnout.

This isn't about who is going to win PA; it's about why Obama is spending money here.  He was advertizing on the radio in Phila about two weeks ago.  

I wouldn't be focusing on PA; it is not as good as 2008, but it is still comfortable.  Obama has started focusing on PA.  
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 08:18:13 PM »

I don't know why you're talking about Barack Obama and basketball. I just posted a cool pic of basketball great and fifteen time NBA All-Star Shaquille Rashaun O'Neal.

Because my reference was to Obama; he isn't good enough to play professionally.  He may need a second profession soon, but it won't be b'ball. 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 08:28:09 PM »

Why would he need to play basketball?! Black people can do more than just be president and play basketball professionally, J.J. Good lord, it's not the 1950s anymore.

Well, he'd need another career.  Why then post a clip of Shaq in a discussion of the presidental race.  Are you planning a write in campaign? 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 08:33:57 PM »

I don't think Obama is good enought a b-ball to make it a career.

It was actually Trippi who said it was still there:  http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/12/sunday/main4515842.shtml

There was zero evidence of it in 2008 in PA, but I'm wondering if Obama is worried about it.

There was no evidence of the Bradley Effect anywhere in 2008.

Some states, there may have been.  Obama overpolled in IA for example.  Though we don't have good polls, possibly NY.  It was small, and it was not enough to effect the result, but it was there.

It was not there in PA.  The polls were dead on.  

Oh Yank, I have not been the first guy to mention it.  
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 08:43:58 PM »

I just wanted to juxtapose that delightful animated image of basketball legend and four-time NBA Championship winner Shaquille O'Neal laughing derisively with your ridiculous comment. It's not my fault your mind immediately wandered to race!

And when I said that Obama wasn't good enough to be a professional basketball player (and he'd probably agree), you posted:

Whoa dude, that's basketball sensation and retired rapper Shaquille O'Neal, not Barack Obama! Jeez, racist much?

Now, you must think all black people must be good at B-ball to post something like that.  Is there deep-seated racial stereotyping with you, Lief?   
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 09:01:57 PM »

How dare you! I am widely regarded as one of the least racist posters on this entire forum!

Well, I'm not so sure now.  Why would you assume that me saying Obama could not play basketball professionally was "racist," in your own words?

Oh, BTW, I doubt if a black person could have been elected president in the 1950's. 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2012, 09:07:27 PM »

I'd rather vote for Obama.  Smiley

Seriously, and on the subject, I'm asking why Obama would feel the need to spend in PA?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2012, 09:11:38 PM »

Oh, BTW, I doubt if a black person could have been elected president in the 1950's. 

Not with an attitude like that!

No, actually, it more to do a very large segment of the black population being disenfranchised in the 1950's.  You also had fewer black people in professional sports in the 1950, with some teams not being integrated until the early 1960's.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2012, 09:13:33 PM »

As I explained elsewhere, I and I can't think of where, he's got the time, he's got the other places he already needs covered in campaign stops, why not put effort here as well? Why not fight too where they're spending a ton of money? I mean, didn't Romney's men just pour millions into NM? Is that because it's on the table?

There are states where in might make a difference, OH, CO, IA, WI and VA. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies