Opinion of Narendra Modi
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 02:33:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Narendra Modi
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: The next Prime Minister of India
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Opinion of Narendra Modi  (Read 1829 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2014, 09:17:43 PM »

I promise you that's not what I'm doing.

He's such a strange persona, isn't he? A tumblr leftist and a moderate hero at the same time. I wouldn't have imagined such a thing.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2014, 07:20:29 AM »

He's such a strange persona, isn't he? A tumblr leftist and a moderate hero at the same time. I wouldn't have imagined such a thing.

I tell ya', he's Opebo!
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2014, 04:12:42 PM »

I tell ya', he's Opebo!

No.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2014, 04:28:10 PM »

a bad man
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2014, 04:29:20 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2014, 04:30:53 PM by Ready4Harrison »

I tell ya', he's Opebo!

opebo was neither of those things. His schtick was way different. It may very well also have included Modi apologism, but the reasons wouldn't have been the same.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2014, 04:30:10 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2014, 04:36:16 PM by This is the sound of the Enlightened's destruction »

opebo was neither a tumblr leftist nor moderate hero. Also with his hatred of all religion he'd never defend the BJP.
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2014, 06:21:09 PM »

I am merely a Chicken giving his opinions, nothing more.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2014, 08:13:58 PM »

I tell ya', he's Opebo!

opebo was neither of those things. His schtick was way different. It may very well also have included Modi apologism, but the reasons wouldn't have been the same.

My logic is that if Opebo were to come back, he certainly wouldn't adopt the same persona.

Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2014, 01:45:06 AM »

opebo was neither a tumblr leftist nor moderate hero. Also with his hatred of all religion he'd never defend the BJP.

Like many--certainly not all, but many--people who hate or claim to hate all religion, opebo hated Islam significantly more than at least some other religions, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if he viewed the BJP as a useful weapon to deploy against his proverbial 'bearded men'.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2014, 06:04:51 AM »

I tell ya', he's Opebo!

My logic is that if Opebo were to come back, he certainly wouldn't adopt the same persona.

Then what evidence is there? Its insanely baseless and as inane as that Link/Einzige crap. There's as much reasoning that he's a jmfcst sock.

Also I'd bet anything his IP is not in Thailand and opebo is not one to know about falsifying IPs.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2014, 04:56:11 PM »

Like many--certainly not all, but many--people who hate or claim to hate all religion, opebo hated Islam significantly more than at least some other religions, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if he viewed the BJP as a useful weapon to deploy against his proverbial 'bearded men'.

Remember that opebo supported the Muslim side in Thailand (even if more of an "enemy of enemy" thing, the Thaksinites consist largely of xenophobic nationalists who aren't fond of Muslims.) Also he liked corrupt patronage style politics. So Congress is exactly the type of party he'd like, consisting of lots of that, support from secular intellectual types, and vaguely center-left overall. The BJP meanwhile are a bunch of crazy backwater religious (in terms of how he'd describe them.)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2014, 05:44:57 PM »

Vile, as is anyone who makes apologies for him.
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2014, 07:04:58 PM »

Shopping malls, nice hotels, modern streets, and financial centers mean nothing if they don't change child malnutrition, poverty, health, education, or general standard of living.  Oh, and let's not forget he actually encouraged the pogroms and shut down privately-run humanitarian shelters for the displaced victims of the riots.  He's also part of an ultra-nationalist organization that has pro-Nazi roots.  And press freedom has plummeted in Gujarat during his tenure there.

Need I say more?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2014, 01:17:53 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2014, 01:26:58 PM by Sbane »

Shopping malls, nice hotels, modern streets, and financial centers mean nothing if they don't change child malnutrition, poverty, health, education, or general standard of living.  Oh, and let's not forget he actually encouraged the pogroms and shut down privately-run humanitarian shelters for the displaced victims of the riots.  He's also part of an ultra-nationalist organization that has pro-Nazi roots.  And press freedom has plummeted in Gujarat during his tenure there.

Need I say more?

A country actually needs to make money if they are going to take of it's poor. If you look at the per capita income of India, the poverty you find there is easy to understand. If you actually care about the poor, you should support a party that is likely to make changes to make the economy better for everybody as opposed to stealing that money for your party members, or members of your own caste. And in any case, all the indicators you mentioned have been getting better since the very slight liberalization of the economy. Imagine what could happen if you get rid of even more bureaucracy and privatize other unnecessary parts of the government, like airlines. The government should not be doing that.

And the best thing to help the poor, which I have not heard from any party unfortunately, is to transform the food programs to direct transfer payments as opposed to goods. That gets rid of corruption. Everyone in India should theoretically be getting enough food to not be malnutritioned, but it doesn't happen due to lack of access to the stores that give out this food and because half the stuff is rotting and not edible. And before you scream this is because the government doesn't spend enough money, most of this occurs because the good stock is sold at market rates by middlemen under the patronage of certain political parties and the rotten stuff is given to the poor.

And if the BJP has "pro-Nazi roots", why does the Israeli right wing love the BJP? Why is Israel one of the biggest arm supplier to India, a trend that started under the previous BJP government?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies