Hillary blames DNC for loss, credits Obama's looks for breaking racial barrier !
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:34:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hillary blames DNC for loss, credits Obama's looks for breaking racial barrier !
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Hillary blames DNC for loss, credits Obama's looks for breaking racial barrier !  (Read 3110 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2017, 05:35:34 PM »
« edited: June 03, 2017, 05:37:26 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Hillary claiming the DNC kept data from her team is the most asinine thing said by her in my view.

Her latest comments caused even the Clinton News Network to turn against her.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2017, 05:43:07 PM »

God the leftist in this thread are insufferable. 

And Hillbots are still in denial. Everybody's responsible but Her Majesty.
Dude she was not the best candidate, but the sh**ting on her by you bros is pretty tiring.  Nothing better for you guys to do?  Can a woman not talk about her loss, or does she have to move on, unlike the men who either punted on the primaries or lost them by a landslide?

What makes her more special than Al Gore again? I missed it.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2017, 05:47:59 PM »

Why must Hillbots always shoot the messenger? Shadows is a low-quality poster, sure, but how is this thread "spam"? Are people not supposed to report on an ex-Presidential candidate giving her (delusional) thoughts about why she lost in a public setting?

What X said. This nearly identical thread has been made at least 10 times by Shadows in particular, and the posts that populate these threads are the exact same people hand-wringing over and over again. Why people care so much about a losing politician who will never run for anything ever again is beyond me.

Uh, probably because she's still a vocal figure whose statements are covered by national media? Huh

Wow, it's her fault that you have to bitch and moan at everything she has to say. 

You are such a petulant child. Criticizing what a public official has to say isn't tantamount to "having to bitch and moan at everything" she says. I really hope she's paying you to defend her honor like this.
Yet in every thread on her, you and others continue to post the same talking points, the same sh**t over and over again.  Yeah, that looks like bitching to me.

Dude she was not the best candidate, but the sh**ting on her by you bros is pretty tiring.  Nothing better for you guys to do?  Can a woman not talk about her loss, or does she have to move on, unlike the men who either punted on the primaries or lost them by a landslide?

We never heard this sh**t regarding Gore, he was never asked to step back to the same degree as she has been.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2017, 05:50:24 PM »

Why must Hillbots always shoot the messenger? Shadows is a low-quality poster, sure, but how is this thread "spam"? Are people not supposed to report on an ex-Presidential candidate giving her (delusional) thoughts about why she lost in a public setting?

What X said. This nearly identical thread has been made at least 10 times by Shadows in particular, and the posts that populate these threads are the exact same people hand-wringing over and over again. Why people care so much about a losing politician who will never run for anything ever again is beyond me.

Uh, probably because she's still a vocal figure whose statements are covered by national media? Huh

Wow, it's her fault that you have to bitch and moan at everything she has to say. 

You are such a petulant child. Criticizing what a public official has to say isn't tantamount to "having to bitch and moan at everything" she says. I really hope she's paying you to defend her honor like this.
Yet in every thread on her, you and others continue to post the same talking points, the same sh**t over and over again.  Yeah, that looks like bitching to me.

We never heard this sh**t regarding Gore, he was never asked to step back to the same degree as she has been.

Gore had like 10 times more reasons to talk about his election (actually stolen and super close), yet he didn't say this kind of nonsense.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2017, 05:51:49 PM »

Of course it isn't, but that's not what you do.  You bitch and moan at everything Hillary says and while much of it is awful, it doesn't matter either.  Literally no one cares about the 2016 primaries anymore except for fringe Berniecrats like yourself and maybe Hillary.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2017, 05:55:03 PM »

Whenever Hillary complains about losing just remember this fact:

Stops in California - 3
Stops in Wisconsin - 0

With all due respect, no one cares how many times Hillary gave a generic, focus-group tested stump speech in California or Wisconsin.  Hillary didn't lose Wisconsin because she didn't visit the state three times.

While that may be true...I think it perfectly exemplifies Hillary's hubris in the 2016 election and her ''vote for me lowly peasants'' attitude.

I gotta disagree with you there too.  There are many, many, many examples of that, but this isn't one of them.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2017, 05:57:47 PM »

Of course it isn't, but that's not what you do.  You bitch and moan at everything Hillary says and while much of it is awful, it doesn't matter either.  Literally no one cares about the 2016 primaries anymore except for fringe Berniecrats like yourself and maybe Hillary.

Tell that to the fringe Hillbots and JerryARs here.

Yet in every thread on her, you and others continue to post the same talking points, the same sh**t over and over again.  Yeah, that looks like bitching to me.

Dude she was not the best candidate, but the sh**ting on her by you bros is pretty tiring.  Nothing better for you guys to do?  Can a woman not talk about her loss, or does she have to move on, unlike the men who either punted on the primaries or lost them by a landslide?

Because he knew better, he knew after all that fuss that anything else would just make things worse.

Can't tell someone to step back if they've already done so.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2017, 06:12:59 PM »

Whenever Hillary complains about losing just remember this fact:

Stops in California - 3
Stops in Wisconsin - 0

With all due respect, no one cares how many times Hillary gave a generic, focus-group tested stump speech in California or Wisconsin.  Hillary didn't lose Wisconsin because she didn't visit the state three times.

While that may be true...I think it perfectly exemplifies Hillary's hubris in the 2016 election and her ''vote for me lowly peasants'' attitude.

I gotta disagree with you there too.  There are many, many, many examples of that, but this isn't one of them.

Fair enough, but I think Democrats vastly underestimate just how hated Hillary was. Not just by Republicans but by a large chunk of the Democratic party (the Bernie wing). Every time Hillary speaks these days, it's just red meat for the GOP...she really ought to just go away and not speak (which I will admit is hard because that would require spending time with Bill, who never seemed to conquer his ''demons'').

I wholeheartedly agree with you that she should stop her revisionist history schtick.  In fact, the single best thing Hillary could do right now is stop talking about the 2016 election.  Doesn't matter if that's fair or unfair, it's true.  Rightly or wrongly, her entire legacy will forever be "that person who somehow lost to Donald Trump" and no amount of complaining will change that.  However, whether it be Clintonites or Berniecrats, nothing productive has or will come from Democrats re-litigating the 2016 primaries in 2017.  This is how you get self-inflicted wounds: some trivial, irrelevant thing like whether someone endorsed Hillary or Sanders in the 2016 primary becomes a litmus test and suddenly you have some Berniecrats treating Tulsi Gabbard as a Bold Progressive while acting like Tom Perez is the anti-Christ and other such madness (I'm sure I could find examples Hillary hacks doing it too, but that was the first one that popped into my head).
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2017, 06:22:58 PM »

Honestly, both of your sides are in the wrong, and I am growing tired of hearing this argument over and over.
JohnCA246
mokbubble

« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2017, 06:23:11 PM »

The quote about accepting responsibility, but not believing it's not why she lost is a bit cringe-worthy. Putting the quotes side-by-side, though, makes it sound worse than it was. On the DNC question, she was asked about how to use technology "as a weapon" without lying or "having the Russians help you," and tried to contrast DNC efforts with RNC efforts. I'll defer to others over the veracity of her claims, but it wasn't as if she went on a tangent and was steering blame away from her decision and onto the DNC.

After reading the transcript I'm not even sure if the first quote was about campaign mistakes, and not her "vast right-wing conspiracy" quote.

https://www.recode.net/2017/5/31/15722218/hillary-clinton-code-conference-transcript-donald-trump-2016-russia-walt-mossberg-kara-swisher
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2017, 08:15:36 PM »

You know what, I always had my issues with Hillary, but I had some respect for her accomplishments and assumed she meant well in at least a generic sense. With her post-election behavior, however, she's proven herself to be a petty, entitled, self-centered piece of sh*t and I have zero sympathy for her. I hope she keeps failing at everything she sets out to do, because that's all she deserves.

Hillary was never allowed to express her candid opinions because someone, somewhere would take offense. In a way, im glad she lost because shes free to say what she wants and it doesnt matter one bit what anyone thinks. Your response is proof of that.

In other words, you like politicians who are unhinged assholes with no sense of shame. You must love the current President then!
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2017, 08:24:00 PM »

If I never heard a public statement from any of the Clintons again I would be better for it, and so would everybody else.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2017, 11:46:16 PM »

The DNC was poorly run & in that aspect she is right. However, I am not sure their data team was that bad  The data team that they have & the work that they do with data is the only reasonable thing DNC does (apart from fund-raising). You can look at the state parties & it's a mess so that would be a better argument to make than data. Perhaps the data team is not up to the mark but whether it was total dysfunctional as she portrays it to be, is hard to tell.

Having said that, I am not sure that Obama's "looks" was the key thing for him to break the racial barrier. He was a fabulous orator & had innate charm & charisma & so did Bill Clinton for that matter. (you may disagree with him on policies or governance). It is probably less to do with looks & more to with the whole "personality" & "oratory".
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2017, 12:00:51 AM »

The infighting in this thread is exactly the sort of thing that makes me think the Dems don't have a shot in hell to win back Congress or the White House in the next cycle.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2017, 01:03:46 AM »

You know what, I always had my issues with Hillary, but I had some respect for her accomplishments and assumed she meant well in at least a generic sense. With her post-election behavior, however, she's proven herself to be a petty, entitled, self-centered piece of sh*t and I have zero sympathy for her. I hope she keeps failing at everything she sets out to do, because that's all she deserves.
I have been saying this, without the cuss word, for quite a while. It didn't make any friends during the general election, but now it doesn't seem to have cost you anything.

Let me repeat: this is a woman who only sought the Presidency for the sake of ambition - for power. Her entire life she has stopped at nothing to gain power, and now that she has been refused it, Hillary Clinton is blaming everyone else. Hillary Clinton is not now and never has been deserving of the honor of being the first female President.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2017, 01:44:27 AM »

I have been saying this, without the cuss word, for quite a while. It didn't make any friends during the general election, but now it doesn't seem to have cost you anything.

I mean, the rabid Hillbots weren't exactly in love with me to begin with...
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2017, 01:54:16 AM »

Hillary has earned the right to be petty and self-centered- she's spent her entire life working for this country, and was not paid back kindly by a country that is rapidly stumbling itself towards failure. Instead, a man who spent his whole life working for himself was picked instead. And history will ultimately see this as an indictment of Middle America at this point in history, just as James Buchanan's election in 1856. As for Hill-haters like Antonio, you have no respect given the paeans you wrote for Obama, a man who, far more than Hillary, wielded power and is responsible for the problems in this country. The Democrats let themselves be taken in by Obama's sleek exterior & smooth talking corporate slogans and looked the other way while he decimated the party while failing to solve any of the country's fundamental problems.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2017, 01:54:53 AM »

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2017, 02:24:48 AM »

Having said that, I am not sure that Obama's "looks" was the key thing for him to break the racial barrier. He was a fabulous orator & had innate charm & charisma & so did Bill Clinton for that matter. (you may disagree with him on policies or governance). It is probably less to do with looks & more to with the whole "personality" & "oratory".

And who would've noted any of that without the looks, youth, and general lack of drama anyway?

Did not Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson also have some charisma and good oration? And yet, because they were old and more fiery, they came off as grievance candidates.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2017, 01:10:48 AM »

Let me repeat: this is a woman who only sought the Presidency for the sake of ambition - for power. Her entire life she has stopped at nothing to gain power, and now that she has been refused it, Hillary Clinton is blaming everyone else. Hillary Clinton is not now and never has been deserving of the honor of being the first female President.

She went to work at the Children's Defense Fund for power? Led the Legal Services Corporation for power? Pushed Hillarycare for power? She may have sought power at times, but at all times she used whatever power she had for the benefit for women, children, the poor and the sick. The fact that Middle America picked a man who spent his whole life getting rich on real estate appreciation and never helped anyone in his life except an old lady in 1986 get her husband's Georgia farm for a photo op is shameful.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies