Boy Scouts Lifts Ban on Gay Scout Leaders (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 01:44:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Boy Scouts Lifts Ban on Gay Scout Leaders (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Boy Scouts Lifts Ban on Gay Scout Leaders  (Read 2937 times)
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« on: July 27, 2015, 07:24:27 PM »
« edited: July 27, 2015, 07:30:39 PM by Classic Conservative »

God, wonder if my church will still charter my troop. Hope so???
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 08:40:17 PM »

God, wonder if my church will still charter my troop. Hope so???

The policy the BSA adopted allows for religious groups chartering troops to consider whether the adult leadership meets their own religious standards. They pretty much had to if they were going to keep some of the troops sponsored by conservative churches.
Ok, my troops sponsored by my personal church the Catholic Church, so we will be safe now. Thank God.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 02:47:28 PM »

As an Eagle Scout, I am pleased to hear this! However, we still need to have a conversation about the restrictions on the non-religious and about dropping the B from BSA.
If they dropped the B I'm out.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 04:24:10 PM »

As an Eagle Scout, I am pleased to hear this! However, we still need to have a conversation about the restrictions on the non-religious and about dropping the B from BSA.
If they dropped the B I'm out.

Separating based on gender is an antiquated concept and one that is being abandoned internationally. Two separate scouting organizations is unnecessary, inefficient, and the BSA is all too often dragging its feel into the ground whereas the GSA is much more inline with social values and embracing change. There is not one good reason to keep the organizations separated.

If you were to leave because the resources of the BSA were to no longer be an all boy's club, the organization would be a lot better off without you.  
The Boy Scouts have Venturing already, with the Girl Scouts there numbers have actually been going down since they've aligned with Planned Parenthood and Common Core. The scouts aren't here for sex talk and wear protection every meeting its about adventure and team building to say that Girl Scouts is better socially is BS. That's just my 2 cents.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 06:21:18 PM »

The last thing my old troop needed on our camping trips was girls with us.
That's my main concern.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 06:33:26 AM »

13-18 year old boys 13-18 year old girls a little love might happen.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 06:46:41 AM »

So you are anti-love?

In all seriousness gender integrated scouting troops (and patrols) work just fine. Lots of countries have them.
Not anti-love but boys and girls are stupid at our age and most boys in my troop talk about their girlfriend and how they've done it with her. It also sets a bad example on younger scouts. Bottom line they shouldn't be allowed to sleep near each other on a camp out.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 06:21:10 PM »

So you are anti-love?

In all seriousness gender integrated scouting troops (and patrols) work just fine. Lots of countries have them.
Not anti-love but boys and girls are stupid at our age and most boys in my troop talk about their girlfriend and how they've done it with her. It also sets a bad example on younger scouts. Bottom line they shouldn't be allowed to sleep near each other on a camp out.

I don't want to sound facetious, but why does it matter? Like, who cares? Most people lose their virginity in their teens, so why does it matter if they lose it while wearing a sash with loads of badges on it?

They are minors. Lawsuits baby. Case closed. Next!

16-18 year olds are not in a large number of states.
What about ages 12-15 and yes boys get girls pregnant at that age.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies