The Federalist Party of Atlasia: February 2014 Convention (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 09:12:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Federalist Party of Atlasia: February 2014 Convention (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Federalist Party of Atlasia: February 2014 Convention  (Read 23822 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 02, 2014, 11:27:22 PM »

X Reaganfan
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 07:36:51 PM »

Push them forward meaning start the primary sooner? Do I need to grandstand and make a speech?
Yes and it's up to the candidates, but a speech would be encouraged.

I am indifferent on the dates. I don't know if 4 more days will change anything. If Naso is okay with moving the dates up to this week, I say we go for it.

I don't see the necessity to change the dates of the convention during the convention, but I am also indifferent.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 01:39:21 AM »

My fellow Federalists, it is an honor and privilege to be here to address this convention tonight.

I joined Atlasia a decade ago. For ten years I've been witness to thirty-one presidents, numerous Senators, Governors, and other leaders of our country. From the days of President PBrunsel, to President Porce, all of our history has been seen on my watch. I've seen the days when our regions were buzzing and activity was greatly on the increase.

What I see today is a malaise across Atlasia. I see a lack in participation. I see regions in dire crisis and talks of consolidation. I see leaders who seem more likely to joke about the problems facing our nation than to address them. I see an Iron Curtain descending across Atlasia with the rise of extreme and radical Marxism.

Well, you know me. As someone who has witnessed so much for so long, I could not allow myself to sit back and observe our great republic falling victim to the challenges that face it. I could not allow myself the courtesy of just walking away or stepping back. I made the decision to step forward and offer myself as the candidate to best address these problems. My record has some bumps along the way, but as I believe, we are all fallible and at times not at the top of our game. I hold strong, sacred beliefs close to my heart. I will not change those beliefs. But one must not deny the opportunity to work with those with opposing beliefs to find common ground and bring about accomplishments which better our people and our nation.

I joined the Federalist Party in May 2013 because I wanted to be sure that even though I had decided to retire from political life in Atlasia, I wanted to be a member of the political party which best represented my beliefs and values. The beliefs that the people make the best decisions, not the Government. The belief that the people run the Government, not the other way around. The belief that you can spend your money better than the Federal Government can.

The Atlasian Government has been savoring in redundancy, wastefulness, and overstepping it's bounds. We need a new President who makes it clear first and foremost on his agenda that we must reign in the glut of the government. My fellow Federalists, I am your man. Under the Reagan administration, not only will I adopt policy decisions that keep middle class families from the hands of excessive taxation from the federal government, but I will also support small business growth. I feel that small businesses are the backbone of Atlasia, not big government. Small businesses and middle class families should feel comfortable with the fact that they will have a friend and ally in their struggles when I am the President.

Part of this policy also includes helping those who are less well off. Indeed, while many citizens, even those who find it difficult, can make ends meet...the sad truth is there are many of our fellow citizens who can't. They can't find work. They can't afford the rent. They have to cut corners, ask for help. That's not a cry for dependency. It's a cry for relief. But more government taxation and more government programs is not the answer. The answer is to give a helping hand, not a way of life. The answer is to lift people up, not keep them down. Big government is not the answer. The Reagan Presidency will be one which combats poverty head-on, in the belief that all citizens whether lower, middle or upper class deserve the best out of their government, not the most.

Atlasia will also have a new Vice President. Governor Spiral was my selection for the office because he represents the bright future of Atlasia. He's young but prepared, he's experienced but not weary, he's ambitious but not over-zealous. I chose Governor Spiral because he will make a fantastic Vice President for our nation. He's a dynamic, passionately involved figure not only in our present but also in our nation's future. He has been extremely active in answering his country's call and I'm proud to have him at my side and like you I know Spiral will make us all proud.

Governor Spiral and I are also of the belief that a strong education is crucial to the success and progress of our students in Atlasia. We will be ensuring teacher accountability, frequent testing, updating the curriculum in our school systems, and encouraging home schooling, charter and online schooling, as well as the continued benefits of the public school system. In doing all of this, we will be strengthening the education agenda in Atlasia to ensure that learning is the key for the youngest in our great nation. I also feel that by promoting learning and education in STEM, we can further the knowledge of our nation's youth and have them excel in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics so that the career opportunities for them widen. In should be noted that in doing so, the Reagan/Spiral administration will also be open to ideas and progress in new technology and jobs. Indeed, often you hear about green jobs. We must remain focused on the present but with a keen eye on the future, our administration will not damper the progress of new types of jobs in society since these too can and I believe will end up benefiting our future.

Education and lessening the size of Government is not the only objective of the Reagan/Spiral administration. Another significant objective of ours is to see the demise of the Marxist iron curtain which has begun to appear in our great republic. One knows that in the blink of an eye revolution could occur. Marxism, Communism, call it what you will means nothing but oppression to free people. As President, I will not allow the wave of Marxism to take over our nation. If you do not see the gravity of the situation, I assure you the threat is real and I ask you to remember that appeasement only makes the aggressor more aggressive. The Reagan administration will remain vigilant in our resolve to face this and any other threat or confrontation head-on, determined to allow freedom to flourish.

Some may be questioning whether or not their hearts are with my campaign but they fear electability. Let me reassure those with concerns about the chances of a Reagan/Spiral ticket. We will win the election. We will unite the voters of the Federalist Party, the fastest growing party in Atlasia. We will unite the voters from different political parties as well as those who are unaffiliated voters. We will stand firm in beliefs that working together, we can increase participation, decrease the size of Government and better the lives of our fellow citizens without having to compromise from our own personal political beliefs.

Let me give you a glimpse into the future. Four months from now as I prepare to leave the Presidency and walk into the sunset, Atlasia will be in the midst of a new wave of prosperity and participation. The registered voter rolls will have grown dramatically, while the size and scope of the Federal Government on the people will be diminished. The Pacific Region will have grown with more members and leaders and will have become as prosperous as it once was. Our nation's education system will be held to higher standards and accountability and the tide of Marxism and Communism in our country will have been sent to the ash heap of Atlasian history. I will leave after a Presidency of promise, a Presidency of growth and Presidency of determination. You know me. You know where I stand. In your heart, you know the time is now.

Thank you, God Bless, and God Bless this great nation.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 11:23:28 PM »

Ballot for President/Vice Presidential Nomination:
[2] Duke/Matt from VT*
[1] Reaganfan/Spiral

Ballot for Mideast Senate Nomination:
[1] JCL
[2] DC Al Fine*
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon