Keystone Phil's hero T.I. gets prision for a day
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 06:24:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Keystone Phil's hero T.I. gets prision for a day
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Keystone Phil's hero T.I. gets prision for a day  (Read 968 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 29, 2009, 10:48:15 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/03/27/ti.sentencing/index.html

Nice friends, Phil.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 01:22:52 PM »

Perhaps now he and Martha Stewart will partner up to create a new line of rapping inspirational greeting cards.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 01:26:49 PM »

The article doesn't say "for a day"
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 01:28:47 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2009, 04:58:57 PM by Governor, Fmr. Chairman, Fmr. Judge, & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

The article doesn't say "for a day"

Yeah - isnt' it a year and a day?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 02:49:04 PM »

Keystone Phil posted this two days ago. Mike Naso's Life of Leisure (TM) allows him to be days behind the news and other events.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 02:50:55 PM »

And, yes, it's for a year and a day, Naso. When you want to bash someone/some people, please get the most basic facts right.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 10:35:40 PM »

This thread = Epic fail
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 01:07:20 AM »

Sorry I misread the article. As far as Phil's remarks....

The day after:

"Call Keystone Phil, 867-5309, for a good time call...hmmm...wonder if he owns a dog..."
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 01:12:04 AM »
« Edited: March 30, 2009, 01:14:45 AM by Lunar »

I think T.I. is one of the most relatively respectable rappers out there, at least from his TV show that I've watched occasionally on MTV.  He seems a respectable role model to at-risk teens, as long as you don't think too hard about why he was trying to buy silencers for his machine guns or wonder why he might be making a for-profit [? is it?] TV show for his community service. 

But still, he seems honestly earnest in his desire to influence kids towards the right path, even if he himself has been arrested 32 times.  I don't think he's a hero, but he's absolutely one of the more respectable people in his realm of influence. Also, his TV show seems to indicate that the best way for teens to avoid trouble is through the arts (rapping, acting, etc) instead of like college and stuff. 

T.I. committed those crimes and gave his plea bargain like a year ago, his sentencing was predestined, everyone knew he was getting a year in jail.  The news story is only really about the minor details of his sentencing.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 11:50:06 AM »

I think T.I. is one of the most relatively respectable rappers out there, at least from his TV show that I've watched occasionally on MTV.  He seems a respectable role model to at-risk teens, as long as you don't think too hard about why he was trying to buy silencers for his machine guns or wonder why he might be making a for-profit [? is it?] TV show for his community service. 

But still, he seems honestly earnest in his desire to influence kids towards the right path, even if he himself has been arrested 32 times.  I don't think he's a hero, but he's absolutely one of the more respectable people in his realm of influence. Also, his TV show seems to indicate that the best way for teens to avoid trouble is through the arts (rapping, acting, etc) instead of like college and stuff. 

T.I. committed those crimes and gave his plea bargain like a year ago, his sentencing was predestined, everyone knew he was getting a year in jail.  The news story is only really about the minor details of his sentencing.

Agreed with all of the above.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 06:58:22 AM »

But still, he seems honestly earnest in his desire to influence kids towards the right path, even if he himself has been arrested 32 times.  I don't think he's a hero, but he's absolutely one of the more respectable people in his realm of influence.

Low bar.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies