Paraguay successful at denying 11-year old incest victim abortion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 12:51:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Paraguay successful at denying 11-year old incest victim abortion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Paraguay successful at denying 11-year old incest victim abortion  (Read 2120 times)
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.49, S: -2.61

« on: August 23, 2015, 05:18:40 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Paraguay's officials are massive HPs. She was clearly at serious health risk and don't any of you tell me the kid wasn't since her childbirth was successful. If my dog who can't swim was thrown in the pool by me stand survived I shouldn't be cleared of animal abuse because he lived.
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 12:26:45 AM »
« Edited: August 26, 2015, 12:30:16 AM by CapoteMonster »

I don't believe rape or incest should make abortions easier to obtain.  The sole valid justification for restricting abortion is to protect what is considered to be a human life and no matter how vile the biological father is, that vileness has no bearing on whether it is a human life.

The girl is a human life as well, and it is reasonable to protect the human already in existence (with established emotional ties to other humans and importance in their lives) over the unborn. Bearing your rapists child is an extremely traumatic occurrence that is likely to inflict her for the rest of her life. Health of the mother includes mental health of the mother. It can not reasonably be limited to psychical health.

So despicable decision/law all around.

What makes you think an abortion would be less traumatic than a birth?  

Perhaps the fact that she chose the former.

Citation? I've seen in news reports that the mother was seeking to get her daughter an abortion, but they've been understandably silent about the girl. But that's rather beyond the point anyway. If 11 year olds were capable of making informed decisions about what would help them best recover from tragedies such as this, they wouldn't be minors. Obviously her thoughts about the situation should be given a high degree of importance in deciding what would be best for herself, but it can't be the sole factor, and unfortunately once the fetus reached the point of viability outside the womb, the decision needed to be tilted in favor of the unborn child. Had this case been brought to light earlier in the pregnancy then the case for abortion would have been stronger. Paraguay's law is too restrictive, but as I said before, I can't see where that was a factor in this case.

You have a remarkable amount of trust in a government with a notoriously bad police department and the state sanctioned doctors while the child was 10 years Old
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 09:03:43 PM »

So we should base policy upon the presumption of poor implementation? The main fault of Peruvian law enforcement in this case appears to be its attempt to blame the mother, but that has no bearing on whether an abortion should have been allowed in this case.

Your missing part of my point, the officials could've made a decision quick enough to abort the pregnancy long before what we consider partial-birth abortion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies