Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:18:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)  (Read 45202 times)
musicblind
United States

« on: March 15, 2016, 10:15:52 AM »

I'm heading to vote with my whole family at 2:00 pm.

I'm honest to goodness torn between Clinton and Sanders. I had been an ardent Clinton supporter because I think she has the gravitas and fortitude to win in the general. However, in recent weeks, I've discovered how much I really like Sanders' policies.

Then again, Sanders said in an interview, that he ran as a Democrat for media coverage. I'm a Democrat through and through. I want to vote for one.

Then again, I really did not like Clinton's answer on the death penalty at the last town hall and the money from big corporations does make me wonder.

However, I do think her college plan is much more realistic than Sanders. Sanders likely won't get any of the things he is promising done.

Also, Hillary is a little younger, and that makes a full 8 years more likely and I admire that she had a solid stance on healthcare as far back as the 90's.

But, if we look at someone's past. Sanders was a civil rights protester and Clinton was a Goldwater girl in her teens.

This is the first time I have ever been in the so-called "undecided" category. Even in a primary, I've always known who I wanted. I voted for Clinton last time in the primaries after attending stump speeches from both. But now, I don't know.

Hmm... this was a long and pointless stream of consciousness rant. Sorry about that!
musicblind
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 12:27:15 PM »

As I head out to the polls, I want to thank everyone who gave THOUGHTFUL responses to my internal monologue on being un-decided. I read everyone of your responses and you guys all made good points. I actually did some research on the point made about comparing college time to college time. And the loaf of bread metaphor is a good one.

I just wanted to write back to let you know that I read what you said, took it seriously, and now I'm off to cast my vote!

Thank you guys so much for writing thoughtful replies and not flame me or anything!
musicblind
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 03:23:30 PM »

Man, I was going to upload pictures of my polling place, but it said I had to have a minimum of 20 posts. I'm brand new. Maybe later tonight I'll have caught up to their minimum.

Anyway, here is what I found out.

It was pretty dead when WE were there, but the lady at the polling place said there had been 30 minute waits most of the day and we just missed the crowd.

I'm in an ultra conservative area, Randolph County, so that wouldn't reflect much on democrats.

There were no signs for Cruz, Kasich, Sanders, Clinton, or Rubio. There were signs for Trump. So, take that for whatever you might make of it?

I saw one other younger person there who was voting.

If I eventually do get to my 20 post requirement, I'll upload the pics of my polling place for you guys.
musicblind
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 03:57:03 PM »

Man, I was going to upload pictures of my polling place, but it said I had to have a minimum of 20 posts. I'm brand new. Maybe later tonight I'll have caught up to their minimum.

Anyway, here is what I found out.

It was pretty dead when WE were there, but the lady at the polling place said there had been 30 minute waits most of the day and we just missed the crowd.

I'm in an ultra conservative area, Randolph County, so that wouldn't reflect much on democrats.

There were no signs for Cruz, Kasich, Sanders, Clinton, or Rubio. There were signs for Trump. So, take that for whatever you might make of it?

I saw one other younger person there who was voting.

If I eventually do get to my 20 post requirement, I'll upload the pics of my polling place for you guys.

I look forward to prognosticating the rest of the 2016 campaign based on your several photos of your polling place.

Thank you, hero!

He voted for Clinton, lol!

Actually no, I ended up voting for Senator Sanders.
musicblind
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 03:57:51 PM »

There is good weather here in NC. It was 76 degrees and sunny near my polling place.
musicblind
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 06:15:49 PM »

CNN announcing numbers on TV but not updating their site is extremely annoying.
musicblind
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 06:27:30 PM »

Hallelujah!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies