Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:50:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)  (Read 45225 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: March 15, 2016, 10:32:44 AM »

I'm heading to vote with my whole family at 2:00 pm.

I'm honest to goodness torn between Clinton and Sanders. I had been an ardent Clinton supporter because I think she has the gravitas and fortitude to win in the general. However, in recent weeks, I've discovered how much I really like Sanders' policies.

Then again, Sanders said in an interview, that he ran as a Democrat for media coverage. I'm a Democrat through and through. I want to vote for one.

Then again, I really did not like Clinton's answer on the death penalty at the last town hall and the money from big corporations does make me wonder.

However, I do think her college plan is much more realistic than Sanders. Sanders likely won't get any of the things he is promising done.

Also, Hillary is a little younger, and that makes a full 8 years more likely and I admire that she had a solid stance on healthcare as far back as the 90's.

But, if we look at someone's past. Sanders was a civil rights protester and Clinton was a Goldwater girl in her teens.

This is the first time I have ever been in the so-called "undecided" category. Even in a primary, I've always known who I wanted. I voted for Clinton last time in the primaries after attending stump speeches from both. But now, I don't know.

Hmm... this was a long and pointless stream of consciousness rant. Sorry about that!

Not to push you one way or the other, but Hillary was a Goldwater girl when she was 16 years old. A more fair comparison would be to compare both of their activism during their time in College.

I mean, even behavior in college is somewhat unfair to bring up about people in their late sixties and seventies...
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 06:48:33 PM »

If Sanders can't win Mahoning County then his campaign is useless from now on.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies