Anti-white racism from the regressive left at Berkeley. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:07:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Anti-white racism from the regressive left at Berkeley. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anti-white racism from the regressive left at Berkeley.  (Read 3715 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: October 26, 2016, 09:38:08 PM »

You can't be racist against white people.  Racism implies the systematic unequal treatment of a group, something white American's definitely don't go through.

This is blatantly false. Use the dictionary definition of racism, not the SJW definition. You repeating it does not make it anymore legitimate.

"a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others."

It's unfathomable that the SJWs somehow haven't noticed that everyone else uses racism to mean "race-based hatred". They're only embarrassing themselves with their ignorance.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 02:06:12 PM »

ITT: People who think they have an idea what this is actually about.

Second, "queer alliance resource center...?" Some of these demands sometimes seem like legitimate parody.]

A. Queer people on campus actually want a resource center.
B. The resource center already exists (as it does on other campuses throughout the country).
C. The reason why the students were protesting was because the resource center as well as the person-of-color recruitment and retention centers are in the basement of a building that's still unsound and has had problems with things like contaminated water. What started this whole thing in the first place was a white board that was supposed to be on a wall falling on a student.

The point of the topic (for me at least) is less that the protestors don't have a point and more that their methods were objectionable. People have a right to use Sather Gate. It's a terrible thing to simply deprive them of that right because they're white.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 05:13:30 PM »

ITT: People who think they have an idea what this is actually about.

Second, "queer alliance resource center...?" Some of these demands sometimes seem like legitimate parody.]

A. Queer people on campus actually want a resource center.
B. The resource center already exists (as it does on other campuses throughout the country).
C. The reason why the students were protesting was because the resource center as well as the person-of-color recruitment and retention centers are in the basement of a building that's still unsound and has had problems with things like contaminated water. What started this whole thing in the first place was a white board that was supposed to be on a wall falling on a student.

The point of the topic (for me at least) is less that the protestors don't have a point and more that their methods were objectionable. People have a right to use Sather Gate. It's a terrible thing to simply deprive them of that right because they're white.

PiT, they blocked everyone from Sather Gate, not just white students. I had to go through the side and I can tell you there were a ton of non-white people there with me. The only people I think they let through were students with disabilities.

That's different from what (few seconds of footage, admittedly) was in videos I saw, but even if they did block everyone that's still pretty bad. We don't get to control the movement of fellow civilians on public property.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies