The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 02:46:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 153545 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2017, 07:03:33 AM »

I know people are gonna groan, but if I go by the original question in the topic. No, run Tulsi Gabbard at the top of the ticket and balance it out with a solid VP Pick. Gabbard has crossover appeal to snag GOP voters. At the end of the day, the Democrats have to run against him in 2020. His foreign policy is horrendous and he's the person who represents us as a country to everyone else's world leader. It's embarrassing, Trump is a clown with a clowncar.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2017, 03:13:12 PM »

Imagine if in 2005 someone said Democrats could win in 2008 but only by nominating Dennis Kucinich.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2017, 03:26:58 PM »

No, just no

communism sounds nice in theory...fascism doesn't.

Plenty of things about fascism sound great in theory. Societal order and cohesion, scientific advancement with unified goals, lack of political gridlock and dysfunction, high levels of societal efficiency, business interests made to serve the common good, high levels of communal care for the poor, very little unemployment, etc.

The bad parts of fascism come about in the means... just like in communism.

How is this any worse than saying communism sounds great in theory?

It doesn't. They're both garbage ideologies with zero value that need to be completely annihilated.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2017, 07:47:58 PM »

Almost everything Mortimer, Krazen and E. Pete wrote in the last couple of hours ever.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2017, 03:24:52 PM »

Yes.

More seriously, the question of getting along with Russia is less Russia itself, and more Russia's government under Putin. Putin is really not someone we should get along with, especially at the extent the Trump administration has.

Have a Russia under a less security state-ish leader, and I would have no problems with being best buds with Russia.

-Naw, Putin's great. What's your problem with him? And Trump has done almost nothing in terms of US-RU cooperation so far.
Putin has had journalists and opposition leaders murdered, perpetuated illegal wars against the Ukraine and Georgia (and possibly had his military commit war crimes there and in Chechnya), has used the Russian Orthodox Church as a nationalistic battering ram, has perpetuated rabidly anti-LGBT laws in Russia, and last but not least, possibly personally stole a Super Bowl ring.

And Trump's lavish words of praise for Putin and his administrations hinting at lifting sanctions on Russia is proof enough of cooperation.

How's that any different from Bill Clinton? DADT, Kosovo, Clinton Body Count, thievery from the White House, constant invoking of God.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2017, 09:16:09 PM »

Virginia? A mod? Another terrible decision. The Republicans won last year; no Democratic mods should be approved until Dems take back the House, Senate, or presidency.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2017, 09:00:29 AM »

Interesting article here on Parallels between Milo and St Francis of Assisi

Article's actual content is irrelevant.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2017, 09:31:59 AM »

Absurd comparisons are obvious from the start. But I did read it a bit now, and fail to see how this doesn't qualify for here:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2017, 12:54:13 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=259944.0

This long rambling utterly incoherent mess isn't even worth quoting.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2017, 06:26:10 AM »

Click for context:

How ridiculous to think that politicians would claim to "evolve" on a fairly clear-cut ideological issue for political expedience. Roll Eyes
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2017, 11:28:08 PM »

Hard to vote against a Democratic Jew, but Schwarzenegger is better than Feinstein, so... Undecided for now

A red avatar who thinks Schwarzenegger was good at all (remember he left office with an approval rating of like 20%)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2017, 08:27:42 AM »

Don't worry the white kids from Generation Z will be voting 90-10 for the GOP.

These kids idolize Hitler and love the "muh high IQ races" talking point. That's why YouTube and internet comment sections have gone from being liberal to Nazi these past 5 years.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2017, 08:36:28 AM »

If those numbers are correct the GOP will need to start making real efforts with minorities within the next 5 years.  Those numbers aren't sustainable long term.

Even if we just assumed that all constituencies remained static and old whites are being replaced by less conservative whites... that would be enough to cause the GOP problems... then you factor in the notion that the minority population is growing and it becomes implausible to continue this.

As others have stated, young whites are almost exclusively neo-Nazi/alt-right. The country will be voting like Mississippi and Alabama in 50 years.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2017, 08:50:54 PM »

But seriously though. This generation is basically the Hitler youth reincarnated. It's just a fact.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2017, 05:10:11 PM »

You guys don't realise how simple the metric system is. When you see it, you'll love it.

Even most elementary school students in the US could explain metric units, lol. I was quite familiar with them by the fifth grade. Sheer ignorance of the US and its educational system.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2017, 07:58:18 PM »

It's a very stupid post because it implies that most Americans aren't familiar with the metric system at all, which anyone with a passing familiarity with the American education system knows is clearly not true. Like is there any American poster on Atlas who doesn't know what meters, kilometers, grams and kilograms are?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2017, 07:43:19 AM »

Gabbard is probably a Hindu nationalist, but she is dangerous because she will actually take a position on the issue, just because it happens to be popular. You would think all politicians would do this, but for some reason only Tulsi Gabbard does. This probably makes her the nominee in 2020.

However, her foreign policy views must be watched carefully. If she is consistent in her vocal opposition to regime change wars in general, and not just Syria/when the war would hurt opponents of Sunni Islamists, there is hope for her. If she is taking stances based on favoritism towards certain foreign interests over a considered approach to U.S. foreign policy, she is as much trouble as Trump on this front.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2017, 01:47:40 PM »

I'd hold my nose and vote for Oprah, then pray for her to die in office so that at long last we can have President Sanders. No matter how uninformed she is, I honestly don't think she could be worse than Trump. I figure the worst case with Oprah is she's stunningly incompetent but smart enough to listen to her advisers, unlike Trump.

Why Oprah would pick Sanders or Sanders would agree to run with Oprah is something that's beyond me though.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2017, 07:29:21 AM »

Pete,

Germany is a left-wing dictatorship now. If you speak out against the politics here you risk to be shamed online, insane left hate groups to threat your employer if he doesn't fire you, attack your property or even your life. Happens every day here. (Yesterday an instruction from the biggest public sector Union was released in which they give advise how to "handle the problem of right populist at work")...

The government pays left extremists groups ("AntiFa") to vandalize and riot against non-left parties, caucuses etc., there's no word of outrage if an AfD parliament Leader gets his car burned, was minutes away from getting his house burned and his Family killed by these extremists who should be locked up.

And, to be clear, I know what I am talking about. Once spoke out at a Facebook page against an asylum problem in my region and got my car tires destroyed by night and a left-wing homepage which should be banned because of promoting crimes celebrated it.

That's every day life here. I'm simply sick and tired of foreign people telling me how great it is here when I can't join a legal political party because I would risk my Job, can't use my Constitutional right to express my opinion.

Europe dies because of these "moderates" who always cave to the Left because of fear and don't want to see what they want to implement or are implementing.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2017, 08:07:49 AM »

if they're gonna class attacking terrorists for beïng terrorists as a hate crime, it should apply to all terrorists
She is literally calling the police terrorists. I don't know how this is remotely defendable.

X Kingpoleon
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2017, 09:17:17 PM »

I vehemently disagree with Non Swing Voter's economic views but I am increasingly disturbed by the reality that almost no one here is interested in engaging with him without being wrathful and verbally abusive about it.

I saw Ebowed, Antonio and DFB all arguing with him, and his response was just to accuse them of trolling or in DFB's case make fun of him for living in Idaho.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2017, 02:06:20 PM »

Also the only person claiming that about Ohio in 2004 here is someone who agrees with him on Hillary and the 2016 election.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2017, 11:53:04 AM »

"I know he has a good heart"

And people on this board called me a Trump supporter because I criticized Hillary a lot. Obama must be a total Trump fan boy by their standards.

Click for context.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2017, 11:06:06 PM »

The 2020 election will be a choice between a Putin agent and a Bashar Assad/Modi agent.

Not for his descriptions of Trump and Tulsi Gabbard but rather how certain he seems to be about Gabbard winning the nomination.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2017, 12:32:11 PM »

If the truck was hijacked, then I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be a spur of the moment thing due to our stupid actions last night.
Because everything in Europe was totally chill before that, and Sweden = literally Donald Trump despite not even being a NATO member?
It seems pretty spur of the moment to me. He'd have done it sooner or later, yes. But there is a reason why they are and have been killing us for years, and it is a hell of a lot more complicated than a few controversial passages of the Koran. They view us as occupiers. What we did last night did nothing to stabilize Syria and everything to only further inflame anti-American sentiment.

If the truck was hijacked, then I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be a spur of the moment thing due to our stupid actions last night.
Because everything in Europe was totally chill before that, and Sweden = literally Donald Trump despite not even being a NATO member?
It seems pretty spur of the moment to me. He'd have done it sooner or later, yes. But there is a reason why they are and have been killing us for years, and it is a hell of a lot more complicated than a few controversial passages of the Koran. They view us as occupiers. What we did last night did nothing to stabilize Syria and everything to only further inflame anti-American sentiment.

I mean, whatever your opinion on the military action this seems wrong. I don't see why Salafis would be particularly irritated at a strike aimed entirely at the leadership of the Syrian regime.

The action of the US launching another attack in the Middle East itself plays to that image, regardless of who it was directed at or why.

These posts are about a terrorist attack in Sweden.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies