Green Line to Brown Line??
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:22:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Green Line to Brown Line??
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Green Line to Brown Line??  (Read 269 times)
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 09, 2016, 12:26:33 AM »

What caused my fellow Illinoisan to switch in the Loop from the Green Line to the Brown Line??
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 12:30:09 AM »

I just feel like as I've grown and matured I identify more as Brown Line now.  It was a tough call with that and Orange Line, please respect my decision.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 12:50:06 AM »

Well God bless. I use the Brown Line a whole lot more than the Green Line, but I thought there was another connection to the Green Line, such as the beer had. I wish you luck on your new identity, and I'll see you before the split between Belmont and Addison!

Btw, current my current CTA line rankings are:

1. Red (it's obvious, but true. Wrigley to Comiskey is too important.)
2. Blue
3. Brown
4. Purple
5. Orange
6. Green
7. Pink
8. Yellow
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 12:54:50 AM »
« Edited: June 09, 2016, 12:59:17 AM by Brown Line »

Well God bless. I use the Brown Line a whole lot more than the Green Line, but I thought there was another connection to the Green Line, such as the beer had. I wish you luck on your new identity, and I'll see you before the split between Belmont and Addison!

2. Blue
3. Brown
4. Purple
5. Orange
6. Green
7. Pink
8. Yellow

I was drinking a Green Line when I made this account, so you are correct about that.  And if I had made my account Blue Line, I also could have been crediting the limited edition Pilsner!

Your rankings look good to me, except I would put the blue line way down, just below pink.  Smelly, WAY overcrowded at rush over (I often had to wait 2-3 trains to get on) and goes thru the worst neighborhoods (Wicker Park, Logan Square)
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 01:38:56 AM »

I endorse this decision by Brown Line. #StandWithBrownLine
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 12:15:46 PM »

2. Blue
3. Brown
4. Purple
5. Orange
6. Green
7. Pink
8. Yellow

I was drinking a Green Line when I made this account, so you are correct about that.  And if I had made my account Blue Line, I also could have been crediting the limited edition Pilsner!

Your rankings look good to me, except I would put the blue line way down, just below pink.  Smelly, WAY overcrowded at rush over (I often had to wait 2-3 trains to get on) and goes thru the worst neighborhoods (Wicker Park, Logan Square)

Cheers over some Green Line, I'll give you that. Blue's high place in the rankings is mostly due to its convenience for me to my law school, my church, and the easy access to O'Hare. That being said its far from as pleasant as riding on the Purple Line.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 01:19:05 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2016, 01:22:04 PM by Mr. Illini »

Freedom Line! The Brown Line touches the most underrated parts of the city. I am considering a move to Lincoln Square.

I don't really like the Blue Line hate, though. Wicker Park, Logan Square, Ukrainian Village are great - although I am guessing that Brown Line doesn't like them because of the hipster vibe. Great bar scene.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 02:00:57 PM »

Freedom Line! The Brown Line touches the most underrated parts of the city. I am considering a move to Lincoln Square.

I don't really like the Blue Line hate, though. Wicker Park, Logan Square, Ukrainian Village are great - although I am guessing that Brown Line doesn't like them because of the hipster vibe. Great bar scene.

The Southport Brown Line stop is one of the best areas of the city (and it's got Schoolyard, an Illini bar, if you're into bad football).  
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 02:07:34 PM »

The Southport Brown Line stop is one of the best areas of the city (and it's got Schoolyard, an Illini bar, if you're into bad football).  

Yes, I am familiar with the bar, although have not been. Should try to make it for an Illini game this Fall.

Considering my love for the Bears and Illini, I am indeed into bad football. Both are going to turn around in the coming years, though. I believe.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 05:57:47 PM »

Also the Brown and Orange lines have the old cars, with the prized single seats.  I hate the new cars because 1) fat people take up 3 seats, and 2) you have to stare into the crotch of the person standing in front of you.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies