Trump pushing up to 1,000 Democrats to run for Congress (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:36:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Trump pushing up to 1,000 Democrats to run for Congress (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump pushing up to 1,000 Democrats to run for Congress  (Read 2160 times)
Duke of York

« on: April 24, 2017, 12:58:40 PM »

Its truly fantastic to see so many people stepping up to run and once the primaries are over people need to unite around the nominee and not have the attitude of my candidate or bust.
Duke of York

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 11:51:58 PM »

Its truly fantastic to see so many people stepping up to run and once the primaries are over people need to unite around the nominee and not have the attitude of my candidate or bust.

Now I'm just wondering how much this will affect the primaries themselves. Will we have crowded primaries in competitive districts that eat away at the frontrunner's resources? Will we have primary campaigns based on "progressive purity"? And so on.

I'm excited to see all this happening but at the same time I'd also like to avoid situations where overly-eager challengers with no real chance start focusing most of their fire inward in quixotic bids for Congress. I'm hoping that the DCCC can help steer more people towards state legislative races, and convince them to establish themselves/learn the ropes at the state level first.

Yeah, that's why I think it's ridiculous for people to be showing this as some sort of "sign of strength". A lot of the people who have announced for Congress have never won elected office before and in a lot of cases don't even live in their districts. Smh. Do people really not realize the importance of building up ties in your district first? And there's a chance people "inspired to run by Trump" are the very kinds of extremists who are unaware of what it takes to win in a lot of these places.
Where do you get the assumption that those filing to run don't live in the district? Isn't that a requirement to run for the House?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies