Who won this one? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 06:25:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who won this one? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: The big one, our first 1v1 duel of the cycle
Big Blue (Hill)

Old Faithful (Bern)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: Who won this one?  (Read 1698 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« on: February 04, 2016, 11:11:39 PM »

Who outdueled the other?
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 02:25:06 AM »

Look: I really don't give a s[inks]t about foreign policy or whether a candidate knows much about it, and we all know that the President of the United States is going to have more foreign policy advisers than literally anyone else in the world upon swearing in, but he really needs to have at least a fundamental set of talking points that jives with conventional military thought on the matter. Otherwise, he will continue to look like a bumbling old fool and it will negate his debate strengths in other categories among anyone not already firmly in his corner.

This is so irresponsible.  Virtually any complicated job requires good intuition and rock-solid fundamentals to make good decisions, no matter how much advice one is given.  Just like you can't just read a book about skiing and then go out there and ski, even if you're surrounded by ski instructors.  You have to have a feel for what the right thing to do is.
It's a lot more than just weighing pros and cons and using common sense.  If that was all there was to it, the president wouldn't have to make decisions because his advisors would make them for him and tell him exactly what to do.  They trust the president to synthesize their advice with his or her judgment, experience and intuition to make the right decision.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 04:03:42 AM »

Obviously Bernie has less experience than Hillary in turning the middle east into a sh**thole. But that's not a bad thing.

I'm not a Clinton fan but that's a gross mischaracterization of her work in foreign policy. Aside from the Iraq war vote, Clinton is clearly much more qualified to wear the Presidential hat of Commander in Chief. Domestic policy issues and general presidential qualities are another question, but I do not doubt Clinton's experience and expertise as an international leader.

She voted for Kyl-Lieberman, supported arming the Syrian jihadists, and seems to think Saudi Arabia is a better ally than Iran. She said she supports a no fly zone where Russian planes are flying. So either it won't apply to Russian planes, and will have no effect, or it will start World War 3.

I don't have anything to add to this conversation but I just wanted to preserve "she seems to think Saudi Arabia is a better ally than Iran."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies