How's that stimulus working? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:11:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  How's that stimulus working? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How's that stimulus working?  (Read 1019 times)
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 11, 2012, 06:39:04 PM »

Seems as though it worked perfectly. Banks stayed massively and impenetrably wealthy while the rest of us...well, who cares anyway, it wasn't really about us.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 05:56:36 PM »

I'm not saying that at all. It certainly didn't help us like the government assured us it would, but that's because it really wasn't meant to benefit us. Sure, it may have stopped us from plunging into economic anarchy. That's a nice byproduct I guess. It just went far and away beyond what it needed to be in order for the economy to survive and thus left a massive void in the area of bailing out the rest of us. And with little to no controls. Because the purpose wasn't to help the "rest of us". We needed a bank bailout, but not a full-blown bank reinflation that strangles out the rest of the economy. That's all I meant.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 09:52:38 PM »

the 'banking sector' is going to collapse again, and again, and again, it's built-in to the logic.  we can pick up and do banking for ourselves at any of these points.  so why wait?
I'm not even going to bother to address why this isn't necessarily true but it isn't and I don't have much free time anymore. Beet, you should handle this one!

How Is that not entirely true? Look at the history of policy regarding the financial industry over the last 30 years. Since radical deregulation took hold and it all snowballed, the financial industry has been increasingly unstable. The money they're whimsically gambling doesn't even exist anymore. It's unacceptably volatile and only getting worse.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies