Swiss Elections & Politics (Next election 2019) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 06:43:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Swiss Elections & Politics (Next election 2019) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Swiss Elections & Politics (Next election 2019)  (Read 98667 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: November 24, 2013, 12:49:36 PM »

12:1 seems like something totally unnecessary that makes people feel good because it's "fair", but doesn't really help anyone. I certainly would have voted against it.

Now the minimum guaranteed income that will be voted on next year...that's far more worthy of consideration and actually serves a rational purpose for many. Not sure if I'd vote for it (I'm not informed of the details), but statuatory salary limits are stupid.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 11:03:58 AM »

I find it quite interesting that the francophone Switzerland voted "NO" while the german speaking part voted mainly "YES"(excluding Bern and Basel). Is there any reason in particular for that?

German speaking Switzerland always votes more right-wing/conservative/fascist/etc.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 10:47:27 AM »

Switzerland, on balance, continues to be one of the better countries in Europe politically speaking.

As long as you're a white, Swiss male....indeed Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 11:01:04 AM »

Switzerland, on balance, continues to be one of the better countries in Europe politically speaking.

I guess that's the view of a minority on the Atlas Forum. Wink

Working at the local polling station was particularly interesting today. An official delegation from San Sebastian paid us a visit because they wanted to see how direct democracy works in Switzerland. They stayed for quite a long time, asked questions and took many pictures. A few years ago a parliamentary delegation from South Korea visited us, too.

Don't really understand that. What's different about the election administration, whether you're voting on ballot questions or for a parliamentary election?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies