Confirmation Hearing: TyriontheImperialist for Vice President (Questioning) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 06:22:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: TyriontheImperialist for Vice President (Questioning) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: TyriontheImperialist for Vice President (Questioning)  (Read 6192 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: August 16, 2014, 03:20:28 AM »

I think tyrion will be an excellent VP, and I will be supporting him.

Even were he not someone who basically shared my political views, and even if I had doubts about him, I would still vote Aye, because simply put, it's not my place to do otherwise. The atlasian public elected a labor/labor ticket, and the senate should reflect that by supporting whoever DemPGH chooses.

Of course, you could all dismiss this as just empty partisanship, but I think my record (for instance, voting to confirm torie, and basically every other cabinet nominee) on these issues speaks for itself.

Overriding the VP choice of the atlasian public, just because the senate does not like his views, would be a very dangerous road to go down.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 08:43:01 AM »

It's time for a final vote.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 12:11:44 PM »

Aye
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 05:20:33 AM »

As I said before the vote (which no one responded to) unless the nominee is grossly incompetent, and even then, the senate simply does not have the right to intervene.

This is not a matter of whether you think there should be a labor VP. That has already been decided for you, by the electorate. What Lumine and all the other nay voters are doing is a blatant violation of democracy, exactly the same as a representative who changes party straight after the election, a politician who campaigns for something then votes against it, a govIernor who appoints someone of a completely different viewpoint to fill a vacancy.

I honestly could not care less about the weird feud that Lumine seems to have with TNF. In fact, as TNF knows only too well, often I agree with Lumine over him. This has nothing to do with that.

bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 09:36:36 AM »

I'll motion for an extension, then.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 01:03:49 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2014, 01:07:34 PM by Senator bore »

I've long been of the opinion that our constitution is so flabby and poorly worded that it can be used to justify anything, so none of this discussion surprises me.

I would like to see a court ruling on this, though, although the downside is that it would take several weeks.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 04:56:39 PM »

Aye
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 02:02:39 PM »

*looking left*
*looking right*
*looking up*
*looking down*
Would you be so nice and help me looking for cares to give?

He was defeated for confirmation and the president should've selected another nominee. Simple as that.

Fixed that for you.

Fixed it back. Should've is a contraction of should have.

Fixed it again. "Defeated" and "for" are different words.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies