How Americans Feel About Religious Groups: The Jews Rated the Highest (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 12:28:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  How Americans Feel About Religious Groups: The Jews Rated the Highest (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How Americans Feel About Religious Groups: The Jews Rated the Highest  (Read 1297 times)
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« on: July 24, 2014, 02:00:06 PM »

Kind of surprised that Mormonism is viewed more negatively than Evangelicalism by Democrats. Would've figured they'd be about the same, especially with Romney's recent run.

If anything, Romney's run should cause Dems to have lower views of Mormonism, because partisanship.  This is exactly what one would expect.  FWIW I actually have substantially higher views of Mormons than I do of Evangelicals, but I'm aware this is mildly atypical.

Judaism does not proselytize. It is no obvious threat to the religious beliefs of anyone else.
Hinduism and Buddhism do not proselytize either, so I don't think that is why the Jews are the highest rated religious group. I think it's because of the pro-Israel views of most Americans.

I love that Evangelical Protestants apparently love Jewish people leaps and bounds more than Jews like Evangelical Protestants. That looks to be the most lopsided pairing in that table.

And the Jews are entirely right to be skeptical.  Tongue  Not just because of the whole creepy "Christian Zionism" thing, but because a lot of American Jews are functionally non-religious and/or hold values opposed to right-wing Christianity.

What part of the US is having problems with Buddhists and Hindus?

The part of the US that doesn't like brown people (or, possibly in the case of Buddhism, yuppie poseurs).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies