Labor Party Standing Committee - FAREWELL (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:37:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Standing Committee - FAREWELL (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Labor Party Standing Committee - FAREWELL  (Read 9729 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« on: April 06, 2014, 10:28:30 AM »

Thank you all for your consideration of me! I understand this could go either way, and I will accept your decision. I hope I've done enough in the region, and apologies for the short notice on my candidacy, but I suppose there needs to be some excitement. Wink

[ X ] DemPGH (Labor-WA)
[  ] Flo (Labor-AK)
[  ] Write-in:
[  ] None of the Above
[  ] Abstain
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 04:27:04 PM »

DemPGH has been a liberal for a long time before becoming a Labor...

That was a long time ago, ftr.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 05:51:02 PM »

For sure. Then, you've entered on Labor, left it, stayed a good time on the Progressive Union and returned to Labor. What I'm trying to say is that Alfred concern shouldn't apply only for Flo...

1. Alfred abstained. Why do you care his reasons?

2. Please challenge my leftist credentials. Am I not left? Is Labor not a leftist party? Please argue otherwise on both counts, we're listening.

3. I've secured the new constitution, ended the old regime of the Pacific, worked with the federal government to implement a stimulus, and am currently working with the Council to get the Pacific on competitive ground with the other regions.

4. I'm challenging all legislation that I think is not debated enough or irresponsible; most recently, there is a rural housing bill that I'm concerned about. I'm going to edit it to make it more reasonable. My opponent has not weighed in a great deal on that, btw.

5. I will always support union and environmental regulation, but I also recognize that at this time what we need is growth and expansion in business, so I'll deal positively with anyone reasonable. Civil liberties are not negotiable.

6. I'm a good fit for Labor, Superique, you know that. You said that to me a while back in a PM. I probably still have it. . .  
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 10:39:07 AM »
« Edited: April 07, 2014, 11:06:28 AM by DemPGH »

Boy, this is my fault. I should have only noted the original comment that I replied to and let it go. Oh well.

Nix and Napoleon are both right. If my performance has been inadequate, that should be the conversation. And if my intentions are not seen as sincere now, they will have to become so in time.

Finally, a Pacific issue. Smiley As to a merger - I support that, but the plans were too far apart. It would not have changed anything from the perspective of the Pacific. A piecemeal approach or a bandaid approach would not be nearly worth the trouble for anybody. So what have I done? Try to keep it running meanwhile. The best way out of a problem is straight through.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 10:30:06 AM »

I also have a 7-3 score. I've written to thank most of the seven of you, and if I have not done so yet, I will a bit later!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 03:27:22 PM »

Thank you, Labor! I will represent you with dignity and with complete commitment, always. I'll make a final speech in my thread a bit later tonight.

It's also good to see some debate occurring! My thinking is: Not only would that law be just another law on the books, I think the bill is too broadly worded. This is one reason why I've started to be a bit more critical - I do not wish to alienate the Council, but some of these things need more critical examination, or simply revised.

I would also argue that a simple conversation on the phone is every bit as distracting as punching radio buttons, so we get into an area where we have to ask, Do we really want to put that into law?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 07:27:24 PM »

OFFICIAL BALLOT:

Should the Labor Party of Atlasia continue to exist, or should it dissolve?

[ X ] Continuation
[  ] Dissolution
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 09:58:59 AM »

The last time we had a platform discussion, TNF had to actually post a detailed poll in the form of an outline of the existing one in order to get feedback. So if people are skeptical of the some of the supposed outrage with Labor, it certainly resonates with me.

Are some of the "plots" that have germinated on the back alley trash that is the IRC now general knowledge? I know of nearly all of them from four or so different sources. Some of them are lean-over-the-keyboard funny and others are the result of little people with nothing else to do.

This stuff is why the game is in decline. For my part, I won't be around to be a villain for much longer, and I certainly don't blame Adam for how he feels, so I guess there will have to be new villains. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies