Atlas forum leaderboard
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 06:07:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Atlas forum leaderboard
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 40
Author Topic: Atlas forum leaderboard  (Read 77480 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: February 17, 2019, 07:51:08 PM »

Opedo is still in the top ten? Geez louise.
unless there is a huge purge of old posts, he's going to be there forever.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #551 on: March 02, 2019, 03:48:04 PM »

Opedo is still in the top ten? Geez louise.
unless there is a huge purge of old posts, he's going to be there forever.

Unless the forum is shut down for some reason, I don't see how opebo will still be in the top 10 five years from now.  Potentially, he could be out within three years.  At the rate jfern's going, he's very likely going to bump opebo down to 9th place this year.  And then, you need to two more posters to knock him down to 11th place, but that'll eventually happen with enough time.  Might be North Carolina Yankee and me, or maybe North Carolina Yankee and IceSpear, or something like that, though it would be years away.  IceSpear's impossible to predict long term, because he alternates between posting like 1000 posts a month and not posting at all.  Maybe if he's especially active in this presidential campaign cycle, he could get within striking distance of the top 10.

And actually, if you were to keep posting at your current posting rate indefinitely, you'd end up catching up to opebo's current tally in about 5 years too.  Tongue
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #552 on: March 02, 2019, 03:51:51 PM »

In any case, looks like Antonio went on hiatus just short of reaching 50,000 posts.  Wonder how long he'll hold out this time.  Tongue

Also, February had more posts/per day than January, so activity's up slightly.  However, one interesting thing is that we had no new registrations yesterday and (so far) no new registrations today either.  Is it that, with Dave restricting access to registered members, people aren't finding the forum organically anymore, and so not trying to sign up?  Or are they trying to sign up, but Dave has put a moratorium on new registrations and isn't approving them?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #553 on: March 02, 2019, 03:58:40 PM »

This was a decision from Dave himself, and not the mods?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #554 on: April 07, 2019, 12:10:51 AM »

Today actually had the fewest posts of any day since July 2017.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #555 on: April 07, 2019, 11:07:54 AM »

It's the morning.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #556 on: April 07, 2019, 11:17:49 AM »

It does seem like there is some exhaustion with the Trump presidency, which has come to infect every news cycle and probably every late night talk show there is.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #557 on: April 07, 2019, 11:33:37 AM »

Nothing unusual, because it's a very boring time right now.

Only the EU elections are coming up and even Austria only has the Vorarlberg state election in September (the 2nd smallest state and the results are already set in stone).
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #558 on: April 07, 2019, 01:30:09 PM »

Maybe it's the calm before the storm.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #559 on: April 07, 2019, 02:54:40 PM »

It does seem like there is some exhaustion with the Trump presidency, which has come to infect every news cycle and probably every late night talk show there is.

Some is a understatement
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #560 on: April 08, 2019, 12:08:51 AM »

Today was only barely more active than yesterday.  Not sure if this is just a slow weekend, or the beginning of a trend.  Maybe if we really do get (most of) the Mueller Report released within the next week or two, that'll juice some activity.  Otherwise, if the slowdown continues, I wonder if we might see April 2019 underperform the same month four years ago, which would be the first time that happens in the Trump era.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #561 on: April 08, 2019, 12:16:13 AM »

Today was only barely more active than yesterday.  Not sure if this is just a slow weekend, or the beginning of a trend.  Maybe if we really do get (most of) the Mueller Report released within the next week or two, that'll juice some activity.  Otherwise, if the slowdown continues, I wonder if we might see April 2019 underperform the same month four years ago, which would be the first time that happens in the Trump era.

April ‘15 was extremely inactive as well? Interesting...
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #562 on: April 08, 2019, 01:35:12 AM »

April ‘15 was extremely inactive as well?

No, it was active by the standards of that time, but not all that active by the standards of the present era (the Trump era).  It was actually the only month of 2015 to have more than 40,000 posts (albeit just barely), but today that's nothing.  Virtually every month these days has more than 40,000 posts.  But I guess if the slowdown of recent days lasts for a while, then we won't hit 40,000 posts this time, which is why I'm saying that it's possible that we'll actually fall behind the pace of four years earlier for the first time since Trump was elected.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #563 on: April 08, 2019, 02:00:49 AM »

April ‘15 was extremely inactive as well?

No, it was active by the standards of that time, but not all that active by the standards of the present era (the Trump era).  It was actually the only month of 2015 to have more than 40,000 posts (albeit just barely), but today that's nothing.  Virtually every month these days has more than 40,000 posts.  But I guess if the slowdown of recent days lasts for a while, then we won't hit 40,000 posts this time, which is why I'm saying that it's possible that we'll actually fall behind the pace of four years earlier for the first time since Trump was elected.

Ah that’s what you meant. Thanks.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #564 on: April 08, 2019, 02:02:53 AM »

Only the EU elections are coming up and even Austria only has the Vorarlberg state election in September (the 2nd smallest state and the results are already set in stone).

Spain, Israel, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, India...

Spain in particular is difficult to predict, and should really be getting more attention than it is - but international elections are only a minor part of this site. Not enough to affect the numbers in any case
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #565 on: April 08, 2019, 12:50:35 PM »

Isn't Ukraine about to elect a comedian to President?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #566 on: April 09, 2019, 11:33:52 AM »

Spain, Israel, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, India...

Spain in particular is difficult to predict, and should really be getting more attention than it is - but international elections are only a minor part of this site. Not enough to affect the numbers in any case

Yeah, international elections will have a very active April and May, but as you say they are a small part of the site only. I imagine 2020 discussion and USGD are the most active boards by far.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #567 on: April 09, 2019, 12:04:50 PM »

I guess one reason why we may now be on the cusp of falling behind the pace of four years ago is that almost all the presidential candidates worth talking about already launched their campaigns, but are not yet making enough news to generate as much discussion as they presumably will a couple of months from now when we'll be in debate season.  In contrast, four years ago, April was when campaign announcement season was heating up.

OTOH, maybe we won't fall behind the pace of four years ago.  Looks like yesterday was quite active.  May have just been a particularly inactive weekend.  Maybe the forum is now attracting more people who have social lives on the weekend (but not during the week).
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #568 on: April 09, 2019, 04:03:25 PM »

OTOH, maybe we won't fall behind the pace of four years ago.  Looks like yesterday was quite active.  May have just been a particularly inactive weekend.  Maybe the forum is now attracting more people who have social lives on the weekend (but not during the week).

Relatively speaking, Atlas has always seen a dip on weekends (not all, but a lot of them). It probably has to do with the news cycle as well as people spending their time off doing other things.

(Also Morden I added yearly statistics on the stats page for you)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #569 on: April 10, 2019, 12:25:57 AM »

Relatively speaking, Atlas has always seen a dip on weekends (not all, but a lot of them). It probably has to do with the news cycle as well as people spending their time off doing other things.

There's always a dip on the weekends, but this one was especially dramatic as, like I said, we had the lowest post count on a given day since July 2017.

However, it looks like we quickly recovered to our new normal of high posting volume on Monday and Tuesday, so I think the explanation is that the forum now includes a bunch of people who actually have interesting things to do on the weekends, and that causes activity to crater.  Fortunately, they still have nothing better to do during the week, so the forum is still crazy busy on weekdays.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #570 on: May 14, 2019, 10:47:21 PM »

Kal has passed Keystone Phil for 4th place:

1) BRTD 85,919
2) Al 62,371
3) Lewis 58,288
4) Kal 52,706
5) Phil 52,705
6) Antonio 49,989
7) Tender 48,659
8 ) opebo 47,088
9) jfern 45,551
10) Eraserhead 42,328
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #571 on: May 14, 2019, 11:57:02 PM »

How many posts did we have last month
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #572 on: May 15, 2019, 11:06:00 PM »

How many posts did we have last month

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=stats

You can click each month to view the breakdown by day.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #573 on: July 09, 2019, 12:36:17 PM »

North Carolina Yankee has made it into the top 10, bumping Eraserhead off the list:

1) BRTD 86,527
2) Al 62,463
3) Lewis 58,282
4) Kal 53,288
5) Phil 52,697
6) Antonio 49,992
7) Tender 49,266
8 ) opebo 47,076
9) jfern 45,786
10) North Carolina Yankee 42,452

11) Eraserhead 42,425
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #574 on: July 09, 2019, 12:42:57 PM »

How long until I make it into the top 10, if I keep posting at the same rate I currently am?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies