Would/do you support the War In Iraq? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 08:56:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Would/do you support the War In Iraq? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Iraq War
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 109

Author Topic: Would/do you support the War In Iraq?  (Read 8425 times)
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« on: October 21, 2013, 05:19:56 AM »

I don't support war under any circumstances.
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 04:30:08 PM »

I don't support war under any circumstances.

That's an insane humanistic position.

ftfy. Taking another human being's life under any circumstance is morally objectionable and should be avoided at all costs.
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 04:39:15 PM »

Generally we are attacked because we maintain a military presence in roughly every country in the world.
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 05:01:59 PM »

Maybe it's not how your morality works.

If what you said here is a true principle then you wouldn't support abortion.

If you had a tenth of a brain cell, you'd understand that abortion is not taking a human life.

Well, that's something I already brought up, and again, I think most of the forum is against that. However, I think it's important to recognize that not every situation is going to work out peacefully, and if someone attacks us, we shouldn't just wave our arms and say "WELL, WE STARTED IT!". Either we solve it through diplomacy, or war happens. It seems like you're going through the idealistic liberal phase, but at least add some reality to your world view.

If war was more about taking out enemies, I could turn the other cheek a little more easily. However, civilian casualties play too great a role in the overall amount of casualties in any given war that it just can't be ignored or defended. I'm far too utopianistic to subscribe to a view that defends civilian casualties.
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 05:34:33 PM »

So then would it be morally objectionable for me to kill someone who lunged at me with a knife?

I said "avoided at all costs." Obviously self defense is the major loophole, and if i were to ever kill someone in self defense, i'd feel absolutely HORRIBLE. It'd be cruel of me to say "just try and run away!" So loopholes are the big killer.

How is it NOT taking a human life? It prevents a human from being born and kills it. Please explain and inform me because I don't understand.

Is exfoliating taking a human life? Answer that question before I continue.

A fetus is a person. It has a heart that beats and it has human DNA.* I am not a huge supporter of total bans on abortion, but from a moral standpoint, it should be counted as a human life, regardless if the abortion was necessary or not.

* = after a certain amount of weeks, generally some time after abortions usually take place
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 06:58:53 PM »

Generally we are attacked because we maintain a military presence in roughly every country in the world.

And because of religious beliefs where some believe by attacking non-believers of Islam they'll get 72 virgins in heaven.

Extremism has always existed. Islamic extremism is advanced by the fact that we're swinging a proverbial stick at a proverbial bees nest.
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 07:32:15 PM »

My god I was an idiot/asshole in the first two pages of this thread.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies