Oklahoma lawmakers want men to approve all abortions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:45:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Oklahoma lawmakers want men to approve all abortions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oklahoma lawmakers want men to approve all abortions  (Read 4132 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: February 13, 2017, 10:43:37 PM »

Yet America voted for Trump, who made it very clear that Roe would be gone under him. I trust abortion polls about as far as I can throw them.

I mean, there's no way that you didn't know that Hillary won the popular vote by 3,000,000 votes, and there's no way it just slipped your mind.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 10:46:29 PM »

This is why we need to get rid of Roe vs. Wade, so we can severely restrict abortion in a direct manner, rather than through all this backdoor stuff.

Luckily almost 70% of Americans disagree.

Most people think overturning Roe v. Wade = banning abortion. People are stupid.

It might. It wouldn't necessarily, but it would be up to the justices. Hypothetically, they could find that fetuses are persons and abortion is banned under anti-murder statues. Lots of Republicans would like to see that.

Obviously, turning it back to the states is more likely, but it's not obvious for "people are stupid" snark.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 10:50:37 PM »

Yet America voted for Trump, who made it very clear that Roe would be gone under him. I trust abortion polls about as far as I can throw them.

I mean, there's no way that you didn't know that Hillary won the popular vote by 3,000,000 votes, and there's no way it just slipped your mind.

The nationwide popular vote means about as much to me as a speck of dust on the ground. Both are useless.

That's fine, but you know that "America voted for Trump" is an objectively false statement. Why would anyone ever try to be wrong on purpose?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies