HC: People say, ‘I really like you, I just don’t know if I can vote for a women'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 07:05:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  HC: People say, ‘I really like you, I just don’t know if I can vote for a women'
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: HC: People say, ‘I really like you, I just don’t know if I can vote for a women'  (Read 3344 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2016, 11:21:03 PM »

I just rolled my eyes so hard I saw the back of my brain.

Was there anything there?

Besides, if you rolled your eyes to the point where you could see the inside of your head, wouldn't you see the front of your brain?
It explains how little there is in the front.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2016, 11:35:36 PM »

Is this Sec. Clinton's attempt at trying to play the gender card again for a few sympathy votes?
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2016, 12:25:20 AM »

Here's the link to the actual article about Hillary in NYmag.com:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/05/hillary-clinton-candidacy.html

Very interesting read. Rather than complain about her all the time, try reading this article and understand a bit where she's coming from.

The article is nothing more than a massive press release from the Hillary campaign, probably one of the biggest puff pieces of the cycle.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2016, 12:38:00 AM »

This is about as true as her dodging sniper fire
It's amazing that the same red avatars that skewered Sarah Palin are now playing the gender card because: Crooked Hillary!

Sarah Palin didn't play the woman card. She played the idiot card.

Very interesting read. Rather than complain about her all the time, try reading this article and understand a bit where she's coming from.

The article is nothing more than a massive press release from the Hillary campaign, probably one of the biggest puff pieces of the cycle.

So says the biggest peddler of anti-Clinton hit-pieces in this forum.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2016, 01:33:32 AM »
« Edited: June 01, 2016, 01:39:37 AM by Ogre Mage »

Why is it so unbelievable that people would say this?  Some celebrities are willing to straight up say to the media that they won't vote for a female nominee:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://time.com/4071617/ti-woman-president-hillary-clinton/

In a March 2016 CNN poll when asked if the country was ready for a female president, 19% of respondents said no.  This question is often a more effective way of getting a sense of the level of opposition to electing a female president than bluntly asking "would you vote for a qualified female presidential candidate?"
http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/04/politics/female-president-poll-results-cnn/index.html

The current numbers of 80% ready/19% not ready are considerably better than in 2008.  At that time, only 67% felt the country was ready and 32% thought it was not ready for a female president.

1 in 5 voters thinking the country won't elect a woman is a minority viewpoint, but it certainly isn't super rare.  It's easy to believe Clinton has encountered some of these voters.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2016, 01:40:25 AM »

Why is it so unbelievable that people would say this?  Some celebrities are willing to straight up say to the media that they won't vote for a female nominee:

In a March 2016 CNN poll when asked if the country was ready for a female president, 19% of respondents said no.  This question is often a more effective way of getting a sense of the level of opposition to electing a female president than bluntly asking "would you vote for a qualified female presidential candidate?"
http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/04/politics/female-president-poll-results-cnn/index.html

The current numbers of 80% ready/19% not ready are considerably better than in 2008.  At that time, only 67% felt the country was ready and 32% thought it was not ready for a female president.

1 in 5 voters thinking the country won't elect a woman is a minority, but it certainly isn't super rare.  It's easy to believe Clinton has encountered some of these voters.

I don't see TI at any Clinton rallies, and he didn't say it to her face.  Saying stuff to people's face takes an amount of balls that is in most situations beyond human instinct.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2016, 01:42:23 AM »

1 in 5 voters thinking the country won't elect a woman is a minority, but it certainly isn't super rare.  It's easy to believe Clinton has encountered some of these voters.

I don't see TI at any Clinton rallies, and he didn't say it to her face.  Saying stuff to people's face takes an amount of balls that is in most situations beyond human instinct.

Is there a point somewhere you would like to make?
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2016, 01:44:57 AM »

Is there a point somewhere you would like to make?

What I said at the top of the page - that the anecdote seems dubious.  Ultimately, it's a very minor point.

Yeah, I call BS that someone, let alone multiple people, at a Hillary for president rally rope line said to hrc's face that they might not vote for her because she's a woman.

I'm sure millions of morons think like that, but nobody in that scenario said that.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2016, 01:55:10 AM »

Yeah, I call BS that someone, let alone multiple people, at a Hillary for president rally rope line said to hrc's face that they might not vote for her because she's a woman.

I'm sure millions of morons think like that, but nobody in that scenario said that.

I fail to understand why you think it matters whether someone said this to Hillary's face or just thought it. The fact that most of us know that plenty of people think like this is bad enough.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2016, 02:19:42 AM »

I fail to understand why you think it matters whether someone said this to Hillary's face or just thought it. The fact that most of us know that plenty of people think like this is bad enough.

If so, this article is more of a puff piece where her campaign tries to play up the sexism angle sympathetically rather than a genuine window in to a candidate's soul as it is being presented.  If so, it wouldn't terribly offend me or make me run into Trump's arms by any stretch.  Interesting and relevant to consider, though.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2016, 07:56:13 AM »
« Edited: June 01, 2016, 07:57:49 AM by Seriously? »

Why is it so unbelievable that people would say this?  Some celebrities are willing to straight up say to the media that they won't vote for a female nominee:

In a March 2016 CNN poll when asked if the country was ready for a female president, 19% of respondents said no.  This question is often a more effective way of getting a sense of the level of opposition to electing a female president than bluntly asking "would you vote for a qualified female presidential candidate?"

The current numbers of 80% ready/19% not ready are considerably better than in 2008.  At that time, only 67% felt the country was ready and 32% thought it was not ready for a female president.

1 in 5 voters thinking the country won't elect a woman is a minority, but it certainly isn't super rare.  It's easy to believe Clinton has encountered some of these voters.

So the poster boy for red avatar "anti-feminism" is a felon rapper who is possibly ineligible to vote due to his felony weapons conviction and subsequent parole (assuming he is still on parole) that recently held a concert in NYC that was disrupted by gunfire from a rival rapper.

Brilliant.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2016, 08:04:12 AM »

I'm not sure how many of you people have done any sort of political campaigning, but there is literally nothing that could surprise me when it comes to that.

Now, it is probably only one incident but this is something lots of people do where you phrase an event as a multiple thing because it is similar to other events that form a broad pattern.

It's ridiculous what lengths people go to trying to discredit Clinton, especially compared to Trump's constant lying about everything.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2016, 08:21:57 AM »

I don't doubt it happened. In college I knew a political science major whose ultimate goal was to become vice president. She didn't think it was good for the country's "image" for the President to be a woman.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2016, 08:44:57 AM »

Well, if part of your argument is "vote for me cause I'm a woman" you can't really complain when some people are not voting for your precisely because of your gender.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2016, 10:41:49 AM »
« Edited: June 01, 2016, 10:45:33 AM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

It's fairly plausible that there are quite a few elderly women, particularly immigrants, who feel this way. It would make sense that they'd feel comfortable vocalizing this view to Hillary Clinton as a way of seeking re-assurance that she's capable/qualified.
pho
iheartpho
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -1.39

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2016, 11:26:29 AM »

As a woman, I don't know how I feel about Hillary being "really liked" by people who aren't sure they could vote for a woman.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2016, 12:49:20 PM »

This is about as true as her dodging sniper fire
It's amazing that the same red avatars that skewered Sarah Palin are now playing the gender card because: Crooked Hillary!

Sarah Palin didn't play the woman card. She played the idiot card.

So says the biggest peddler of anti-Clinton hit-pieces in this forum.
Wait, there's a bigger anti-Clinton hack than jfern on this site?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2016, 01:05:45 PM »

You ever heard of the Henster ratio? I'm pretty sure he's only made one topic that's not about Hillary this election season, if I recall correctly.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2016, 02:27:25 PM »

I have the opposite problem; I could easily vote in a woman. Just not Hillary.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2016, 02:44:57 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2016, 03:20:09 PM by hermit »

So what exactly are you looking for in a President?

You really only have two choices left to pick from.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2016, 03:02:21 PM »

So you want somebody like Palin: hot and dumb.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2016, 03:18:31 PM »

This thread is fedorable
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2016, 06:19:24 PM »

Well, if part of your argument is "vote for me cause I'm a woman" you can't really complain when some people are not voting for your precisely because of your gender.

Nope, that's wrong. Sorry, better luck next time you try to construct a clever argument.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2016, 08:09:54 PM »

Why is it so unbelievable that people would say this?  Some celebrities are willing to straight up say to the media that they won't vote for a female nominee:

In a March 2016 CNN poll when asked if the country was ready for a female president, 19% of respondents said no.  This question is often a more effective way of getting a sense of the level of opposition to electing a female president than bluntly asking "would you vote for a qualified female presidential candidate?"

The current numbers of 80% ready/19% not ready are considerably better than in 2008.  At that time, only 67% felt the country was ready and 32% thought it was not ready for a female president.

1 in 5 voters thinking the country won't elect a woman is a minority, but it certainly isn't super rare.  It's easy to believe Clinton has encountered some of these voters.

So the poster boy for red avatar "anti-feminism" is a felon rapper who is possibly ineligible to vote due to his felony weapons conviction and subsequent parole (assuming he is still on parole) that recently held a concert in NYC that was disrupted by gunfire from a rival rapper.

Brilliant.

Well, it is not hard to find No Country for Female Presidents behavior from Republicans.  Cue that Minnesota Maniac, Michele Bachmann:

http://jezebel.com/us-not-ready-for-a-woman-president-says-woman-who-ran-1526983463

I suppose we shouldn't expect logic or consistency from someone who thinks the HPV vaccine causes mental retardation, but why did she run if the country isn't ready for a female president?  Is Bachmann just bitter about the failure of her own campaign?  She should just tell herself it's all part of God's Plan and go back to waiting for The Rapture.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2016, 08:49:33 PM »

To anyone who thinks that Republicans (in large numbers) will be voting against Hillary Clinton because she is a woman, do you think they would vote against Joni Ernst for the same reason? Republicans who oppose Clinton will overwhelmingly do so for the same reason they opposed Obama: she is liberal.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies